Friday, September 22, 2023

Week 7 ~ FINI

The kitchen and bath reno are DONE!!!  If you need to see what the kitchen looked like before, you can check it out here.  I purchased my house 24 years ago this month, and the kitchen was the first thing I was going to renovate.  Obviously that did not happen, but I guess good things are worth waiting for 😉

The kitchen is small and changing the size or rearranging appliances was not an option.  I was able to squeeze in an 18" dishwasher.  


I have said several times I am not a green person, but I chose sage green for the beadboard and I love it.  This is pretty much the true color.


This empty wall will once again be home to an antique cupboard.  I am not sure if I will put the same one back.  I have 2 other pie safes that will fit there.  (I still need to purchase outlet covers.)


That wall was once the outside wall before the house was connected to the garage in 1990 and the little door was the milk chute.  I just thought it was cool and did not want it removed 😁


I used the same color scheme in the bathroom, now 1/2 bath/laundry room.    Hard to get pictures because of the size of the room.



I gained some much needed storage space in both the kitchen and bath, and there are many items that have not been used in MANY years that will not be put back in the kitchen cupboards!!!  I don't look forward to putting everything away, but it will be so good to have my house back in order.

I hope you enjoyed following along on my reno journey.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Beautiful kitchen with a DISHWASHER now. Just in time to cook Thanksgiving dinner for your crew.

marly said...

FANTASTIC!!! What a transformation. Love love love that 1/2 bath room too. Your treasures will be showcased against the clean neutral backdrop. You must be thrilled with this change, congrats!

Prims By The Water said...

YIPEE YAHOO HORRAY!!! What a beautiful magical space you have made for yourself now. Well worth the wait indeed. When we finally did our kitchen I was afraid to cook in it. LOL Enjoy your new spaces. They are beyond words really. Janice

acorn hollow said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful job your builder did. It must feel so much better to be in there.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

WOW! I couldn't love this more!!! You (and Bruce) did AMAZING!!! Now I want to redo my redo...and I have yet to get around to posting befores and afters of that...bit late now LOL. The color palette is perfect - soothing, peaceful, neutral without being boring. One of the things I love the best is the milk chute. What a great idea to save it (and, hey, a perfect little safekeep for especially important treasures if you put a cupboard in front of it.) Wonderful in every way...now get down to unpacking and, more importantly, ENJOYING!!!!! ~Robin~

Julia said...

It looks even better than I had envisioned but you need some clutter in that kitchen. Mine is over-cluttered right now with all that comes in from the garden. I love the color you chose and the new renovation was worth waiting this long for. Everything looks great.

Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

What a Wonderful job ! Love your kitchen , so pretty !!! The bathroom is beautiful too ! The colors are so nice and will look great when you add your special touches . So Very Pretty ...Enjoy !!!

WoolenSails said...

I love how you laid out the kitchen, it came out beautifully and makes it functional, as well. I also love your bathroom cabinet, that is a beautiful piece. A laundry room, mine is a basement where I put them, but it works so I can live with that.

Debbie