Thursday, September 7, 2023

This 'n That ~

I do have a rug finish to share.  I finished hooking it many months ago but wanted to tweak the eyes a bit and it took this long . . . sigh.  You know me and faces and eyes.  We don't play nice together.  Anywho . . . the eyes are better than they were . . . but definitely primitive!!!  This is a pattern by Caroline Twigg of Eagles' Nest Woolens, started in a class with Caroline in October 2022.  Titled Fierce Lion, I affectionately have called him Fierce Lion with the Batman Mouth 😁  I am happy to finally have him hooked and bound.

After 33 years of being together, my brother and his significant other are finally getting married this Saturday.  Lyn and I go waaaay back.  We lived together long before they got together.  I love her dearly and the other day she told me she was happy because she always wanted an older sister.  Smart a**.  (I am a grand total of 4 months older . . . lol!)

My Las Vegas son is flying home for the wedding.  Just a quick trip, arriving Friday before the crack of dawn and leaving Sunday evening.  It will be so good to see him.  Thankfully he won't mind the chaos of my house.  He is a carpenter working in homes so understands that it always has to get worse before it gets better.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Congrats on your finally finish, lol. Eyes look fine to me but then I can't remember what they looked like before. I totally understand the space of time between tweaks and binding. I hate binding and tweaking is a little less unsavory.
Funny about your future SIL. If it makes you feel any better I consider you my 'younger sister' :~)

marly said...

I remember this one. Glad you tweaked what you didn't like. That face on the prior post .... amazing. Enjoy the family weekend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww...I love your Fierce Lion (with the batman mouth)! His eyes look perfect to me. Wonderful story with your brother and friend. Hope they have 33 more happy years together. Gee, while your LV son is there, maybe he'll be tempted to help speed your project along? Sleep is overrated you know. ~Robin~ (You'll forever be my much older twin LMBO)

NMK said...

What a fun weekend you will have and a New Sister too !!! Have a Wonderful time with your family !!!
Love your rug !!!

Prims By The Water said...

WOW thats a long time to e together and not married. Congratulations. Have fun at the wedding and with your family. That rug does look like a batman mouth... LOL Janice

Julia said...

Wow, things are really popping in your family. Wedding, renovations, and sun coming for the wedding, finishing your spectacular lion, and much more. No slowing down for you. Enjoy all these happy events.
Hugs,
Julia


acorn hollow said...

I love your lion! So happy for your bother. And a bonus is seeing your son for the wedding
Cathy