Friday, August 25, 2023

Sauder Rug Week - Part 3 ~

 Group Exhibit - Storybooks:  Alida Akers Art





Feature Exhibit - The Golden Age of Illustrated Fairy Tales
These rugs are touring the country.






Thumbelina Meets a Mouse.  Hooked by friend, shop owner and fellow guild member, Connie Bradley.








The Goose Girl by hooker extraordinaire, Sybil Osicka.  She is the author of many hooking books and belongs to a couple of the guilds I belong to.














Group Exhibit - Rock That Song, Name That Tune
This was a group challenge for the Ft. Laurens Rugcrafters, another guild I belong to.  (I did not participate in this challenge either.)








Some people are most creative!!!


Nigel got the Peoples' Choice award in its category.  A well deserved honor.


There was also a display of state pillows. Here is a sampling.








Thanks so much for stopping by.
Tomorrow I am off to vend at a hook in in Millersburg, then no more vending for the year.  Hopefully I will find my hook soon and work on some fun stuff!
Put hugs 😊 
Lauren

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Amazing talent and amazing rugs! But, hands down, those fairy tale rugs are my absolute favorite...just incredible!!! I can hardly take them all in and I don't want to admit to the time I already spent enlarging the images and scrolling time...and time...again. Thank you for the vicarious pleasure. ~Robin~ (PS...enjoy breathing again.)

Julia said...

Unbelievable talent. I agree, the fairy tale rugs are also favorites of mine.
Just so much to see and take in. Each year, the rug show is getting better and better. Thanks for sharing all those pictures with us.

Wishing you some great sales at your vending again.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

WOW! Such incredibly talented hookers! Like Robin and Julia the fairytale rugs were my favorite too. Didn't realize there were so many fairytales and some I hadn't heard of, or don't recall knowing about. Thanks for the show.

acorn hollow said...

I am always awe struck when seeing those pieces. How to pick the best one? Glad I will never be a judge
Cathy

NMK said...

Wow Wow Wow !!!! Thank you so much for this Fabulous Rug Show .....just amazing !!!

Good Luck Vending !!!

Prims By The Water said...

I just dont know where these folks get their creativity. I could NEVER hook like this. If I had to pick a fav from this group would say those pomegranates. Janice

Sue Swank said...

What an awesome display of talent.

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful rugs!! Oh gosh I love seeing all of that talent.