Tuesday, August 8, 2023

My Splurge ~

Last weekend I headed to a neighboring town for their annual "summer beach market" on the shores of Lake Erie.  At one of the first booths I entered, I spotted these tin cones for only a dollar for all three.  You may recognize them as cemetery vases.  For a buck I couldn't pass them up but had no idea what I would do with them. 


When my soon-to-be sister-in-law saw them (she and my brother have been together for 33 years . . . it's about time, don'tcha think?) she immediately said "Christmas trees".  Duh.  Why didn't I think of that?

I thought they would be pretty cool topped with a wool star . . . or perhaps a rusty tin star.


I even like them stacked as one tree.  Decisions, decisions 😃


This was my only purchase plus a donation to an animal rescue group that was there.

I had an overnight house guest.   There was a special election in Ohio and Ernestine's daddy (my DSO) is a poll manager.  She is 11 now and starting to show her age a bit.  She can't walk a mile like she used to be able to.  We put her in Molly's stroller and she is happy as a clam.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

I'd go for trees of three instead of one. Didn't notice how tall they were. Ernestine is in good hands while DSO is out doing his civic duty.

acorn hollow said...

Very interesting can't wait to see what you decide
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

The stack looked nice and a great find! How nice you were able to watch Ernestine for a bit. Do you have the urge yet to get another one? Janice

Farm Girl said...

How fun! I wouldn't have thought of Christmas trees either.
Molly is so cute.
What fun things you find to do.

NMK said...

Love those cones you purchased , they make perfect Cmas Trees !!!
Fun to have Ernestine with you .....maybe she can visit more often ?

TheCrankyCrow said...

When I saw your first photo, I immediately thought you bought funnels to make a stacked Christmas tree. I have a small stack that I did that with...in graduated sizes. But yours are way cooler being old cemetery vases (yes!!) and the color is perfect! Great score. I bet having Ernestine in Molly's stroller was bittersweet for you. ❤️ ~Robin~

Jennie in GA said...

Clever SIL to be. They will be perfect with your Christmas decor!! Hope you had fun with Ernestine 😉

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

clever girl! unique xmas tree and perfect for us prim-lovers...will you decorate it or leave as-is??
Lori from NFF

Julia said...

Well, all you needed was three more Christmas trees, lol and there you are. I look forward to how you'll decorate them.
It's always nice seeing Ernestine again. I wonder how she felt not seeing Molly at your house.

Take care. Hugs
Julia

susan hemann said...

Those are really wonderful.
Just wanted to let you know I'm selling some of my antique sewing collections. Plus other antiques. Let me know if you are interested. Have a great day!