Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Sauder Rug Week - Part 1 ~

I am not even sure where to begin posting pictures!  There were about 700 rugs/items displayed in the main exhibit hall.  I will try to have some rhyme and reason to the pictures, but it was hard trying to see the rugs and take pictures.

I will start with the end of the day when Melissa and I were "pop up vendors" at the Friday evening hook in.  I assumed that by Friday evening all the hookers would be shopped out and broke.  That was not the case.  Both of us had amazing sales!


One of the main exhibits was Animals/ Birds/ Insects.  

Here are some Kit and Tony rugs that Saundra was talking about in her post.





And a few more rugs from this exhibit.






People's Choice Award.




One of the guilds I belong to had a William Morris rabbit rug challenge.  I did not participate but the bunnies were amazing.



There was a Special Exhibit of Amish Rug Hooking.




These were kind of fun rugs.




I found many of the Amish rugs to be rather bland, but I absolutely LOVED this one.  It would definitely be a challenge for me, but I may have to add this to my hooking bucket list!  It is old enough to be in the public domain.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Much more to come!
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful photos! Your booth looked great, and I'm sure it wasn't full after the show ended ;)
happy you both got great sales...just goes to show ya, can't keep a good hooker down!
Lori

Saundra said...

Thought for sure I'd posted a comment but must have dreamed it, lol. Or, because we chat often got confused. Anyway, thanks so much for a fantastic show and glad you made up in sales what you lost with the cancelation of a venue.

Sue Swank said...

Thank you! So many pretty rugs. I'm happy for you that you had good sales, cha Ching. I took like that stars and hearts rug. I will probably hook that one.

NMK said...

Your booth looks wonderful !!! Lots of great pieces !!! Awesome you had great sales !!! Nice to come home with few items left over !!!
Lots of incredible, beautiful hooked rugs ....just amazing all the details ! Thank you for sharing !

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wowza...thats a lot of talent in wool. And I don't want to think about the time it took you to photograph all these (and apparently more to come since this is "Part I.") Thank you!! I know both those who do as well as those who don't get out to shows appreciate it. And YAY on the sales!! More wool and antiques!! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

OMG I am in heaven....BUNNIES...all kinds of them too! Just an amazing selection of rugs. 700 would be overwhelming to me to look at. LOL So glad your sales were good! Janice

Julia said...

You did a great job photographing all those rugs and I know there are more to come. It's not always easy to take good pictures at rug shows but these seem to be well displayed. So many wonderful rugs.

I'm not surprised that you got good sales. You have some amazing merchandise.
Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

some day I will get there I thought this would be the year but plans fell apart and it didn't happen. The rugs are so amazing! and so excited for you to have such wonderful sales!
Cathy