Tuesday, August 29, 2023

More Sauder ~

Main Exhibit - Oriental/Crewel/Geometric

Crooked River Rug Hooker, Roberta Square, won the People's Choice Award for her Oriental . . . in a 3 cut!


Kim Hirt, another Crooked River guild member, also got the People's Choice Award in her category.


There is a LOT of talent in our guild.  Congrats to Roberta and Kim.

Main Exhibit - Punch Needle





Main Exhibit - Wool Applique


Fusion






Group Exhibit - Hooking with Magdalena
I have heard the online class with Katie Hartner on values is an excellent class!  I have not taken it . . . yet.




Miscellaneous rugs ~

















Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I am not boring you with too many rugs.  It is so hard to pick and choose which ones to post.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

I've also not taken that on-line value class with Katie Hartner. For some reason I've never had a desire to hook an oriental rug. Not only because most designs require narrow cut but the designs just don't speak to me. Thanks much for the show as I enjoyed the Magdalena chair pads and that needle felted rabbit.!

Prims By The Water said...

No wonder why Roberta and Kim won! Just amazing. The dancing cat made me smile. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

More fantastic rugs...Those first two absolutely blow my mind. I see my neighbor's rug, "Charlie," there... She and the other ("bad") Marilyn that hooked the guitar man are both in the January hooking get-together at Cathy's. Now you know why I feel like a misfit LOL. ~Robin~

Julia said...

I'm just amazed at all the talent. All works of art... I love the Oriental rug. It's done to perfection. It's difficult to pick a favorite. They are all praiseworthy.

Thanks again for showing us more rugs. Your photos are all so well-cropped. You did a great job.

It's raining again today and I'll be baking for another funeral reception for tomorrow.

Stay safe and well.
Hugs
Julia

Farm Girl said...

I really love those rugs!! What talent and so much to just enjoy. I love when you post them.

NMK said...

Just absolutely amazing the talented hookers pieces of work are ! They are truly works of art .
I enjoyed seeing all the Chair Pads Katie Hartner's student did ! I am taking her class at the end of November , after seeing these , I am even more excited !!! Thank You !!!

acorn hollow said...

Such wonderful talent you are so lucky to be able to go. Great inspiration
Cathy

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

love to see your photos of Sauder rug week Lauren!
it is such a wonderful event/experience to visit and/or be a part of!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm