Thursday, November 2, 2023

A Little More on the Fall Gathering ~

 

I love that Thanksgiving is so early this year.  I value the extra days between then and Christmas.  Argh!  I said the "C" word 😁

As usual, I only took a few pictures of the projects being worked on.  My travel partner Val was hooking this fun pumpkin guy.


Tablemate Deb finished her Santa.


Another attendee was working on the HUGE Michelle Palmert punch needle piece.  Isn't it wonderful?

My ambitious goal was to hook two roosters, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.  One is better than none!

Jo Wick (of Jo's Folk Art Fibers) hooked this fun rug she designed.  You can order the paper pattern from her for punch needle or to enlarge for hooking.  Great colors!

Jenny Smallridge (of the Wooly Horse) hooks enormous rugs.  I think her motto is go big or go home.  I believe I have shared this rug before.  I am guessing it is 4' x 4'.

Her current project is this wonderful log cabin rug being hooked with handtorn strips.  It measures 57" x 47".  I love her border.

Former blogger Melinda Cole of Merry Wind Farm is a long time friend who lives in Tipp.  It was great to see her once again.  It had been too many years.  She now has an etsy shop where she sells cross stitch patterns that she has charted from antique samplers.  (She has even reproduced several of my antique samplers 😉 )  She is so giving and gifted me a piece of antique paisley and this beautiful project bag.  Perfectly stitched and sewn and her fabric choices complement the piece so well.  I feel blessed to own such a treasure.  Now I must get a small cross stitch or punch needle project together so I can use it.  Thank you, Melinda.  I will treasure it always.


I must share with you the cutest trick-or-treater ever.



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

All the hooking projects are just beautiful !!! What a beautiful crosstitch bag you were given . A treasure for sure ! Being with all those talented women had to be great !
And what Cute Trick Or Treater you had !!! Hope she got lots of Lovies !!!

Sue Swank said...

So many pretties in this post, especially Miss Ernestine. I like your new pouch, it will be so useful. And look at all the hooking you got done looking good.

Saundra said...

Enjoyed the rug show and those are humongous rugs Jenny hooks, and wonderful. I LOVE the way you hooked that rooster and glad you put in the effort with the color changes, that is what makes it look old.
You so deserve that gift from Melinda as you are also a generous soul.

marly said...

My favorite is the pumpkin guy. Almost as cute as the pumpkin pug. That stitchery on your bag is a favorite and Melinda really chose the perfect fabric to accompany it. I miss seeing her posts of her property.

Julia said...

Your rooster is looking fantastic and so is that cloth bag with the cross stitch. It looks too pretty to use. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful rugs. I've lost my hooking Mojo and hope to find it soon.

Ernestine is a cute pumpkin.
Stay warm and well. Hugs
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow....that project bag is incredible. What a wonderful gift but, as Julia said, I'd be hesitant to actually use it. The rugs are all fun, but that giant turkey of Jenny's is my favorite. She must have gone to the "big" school of hooking along with Cathy. Awww....sweet Earnestine. She makes one adorable pumpkin. ~Robin~

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautifully hooked rooster! love that rug, its one of my fav. designs! ~ wow, I couldn't imagine hooking a 4x4 foot rug. {I can handle punching a 4x4 inch project though lol}
look at that sweeeeetest pumpkin! dear little girl xoxoxoxox

Prims By The Water said...

Melinda's project bag is amazing! I wish she would sell these on her Etsy shop. Her patterns are great. Those rugs are fantastic! Shhh..I already started my Christmas decorating. I want to enjoy it more. Janice