Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween ~

 

Sadly this year with my house being in chaos, I never hauled my Halloween decorations down from the attic.  It has taken me much longer than anticipated to get my house back in order.  I am probably 98% there.  I will be happy when I get to 100%.

In the last few years outdoor decorations have become so popular.  I cannot even begin to imagine the $$$ people are spending.  I know the 10' skeletons are $300 each at Home Depot and some people have several in addition to all the other "Halloween accoutrements" to complement their display.  Where in the heck do they store all the items???

On my morning walk the other day, I found this house in my neighborhood.  I believe they have the Amityville sign hanging all year.  Their displays are really kind of creepy!!!






It is going to be C.O.L.D. passing out candy this evening!!!  Hopefully I will still get lots of trick-or-treaters because I sure don't want all that candy in my house 😁
Happy Halloween.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

Is that how much those Huge skeletons cost !!! That is crazy and they are everywhere here too ! And where the heck do you store those things ????
It is a chilly day here , so Trick Or Tresters we get are all young , they won't be out long .
Happy Halloween !!!

Saundra said...

Some of the other decorations must have cost $100s also. Very elaborate and costly for a week of yard display and if it rained I'd be worried about ruining them, other than the skeletons of course.
I haven't had trick or treaters in years.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...those are some decorations. Really some unusual ones I've never seen before. I did see one of the large clowns this year at Menard's but they have an entire collection of clowns. Yeah...the cost...and the storage. Then, if you live in Nod, you get dumped with 3+" of sticking snow and no one would even see them on Halloween. I didn't get all of my indoor decorations out this year...and virtually nothing outside either...which, in hindsight, is a blessing with my back being out. I'll likely still have Halloween for Christmas. 😬 ~Robin~

Julia said...

Yikes, that yard does look creepy. I bet some people bought those expensive decorations on their credit cards just to impress the neighbors but yes, where are they going to store all that stuff?
One thing I know, not having any decorations out, I don't have to put them away.

I bought some treats for my little great-grandkids and delivered them this afternoon.
It's cold here too.
Happy Halloween.
Hugs, Julia

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Decorations are expensive and where do people store them? Our former neighbor went all out for Halloween including converting their garage into walk through scary house and turning front lawn into grave yard. I’m lucky if I get a pumpkin and mum on the stoop

susan hemann said...

Well I never hauled my Halloween stuff out either. First time ever!
Honestly, this morning was a shock. Snow!!!
I love the outdoor decorations, just not the ultra creepy ones. The cost is beyond my budget though. Yikes!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

well happy belated halloween!
living so far off the road, we only decorate for us...but not with all that stuff!
~ thanksgiving/autumn decor is next :)
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

Prims By The Water said...

I saw that creepy Jack in the box in a yard here too. I agree about those huge skeletons. There is one here where they keep it up all year long and decorate it differently each month. I do not decorate the outside. Hope you had a nice Halloween. Janice

marly said...

We've seen those huge ghouls along with many others in yards, and yes, quite expensive! My favorite was a really nice werewolf, normal size in flannel and jeans, walking two skeleton dogs. Really cool!