Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tuesday Twaddle ~


twad·dle
/ˈtwäd(ə)l/
INFORMAL
noun
  1. trivial or foolish speech or writing; nonsense.
    "he dismissed the novel as self-indulgent twaddle"


That about sums things up!  Sometimes I feel that's all I write about, but today, I do want to share a finish.  Of course, not hooking (no hooking has happened here in a couple weeks), but a cross stitch finish.  I believe this is a Pineberry Lane pattern that I stitched a few years ago.  As with most of my cross stitch finishes, it ended up in a shoebox.  My dear friend from college, Wink, was stopping by to visit yesterday and I wanted to gift it to her.  I once again put on my big girl panties and got out the sewing machine.  I must say, I get an atta girl for the finish!!!  Stitched into a little pillow, I edged it with vintage tinsel. 
 


In front of my vintage Santas.

Haven't been hooking, but doing a little applique.  Easier when I am heading to DSO's than to haul my hooking stuff (though I still do that often).  I guess I just needed something mindless to occupy my hands.


So hard to believe I mowed the lawn just two days ago and today we woke up to snow.  Welcome to Ohio 😂

I am the crazy Christmas decorating fool.  Knee deep in boxes.  Considering it is still November, I am feeling pretty darn good, though I have MUCH left to do.  I am maybe half done.  Decorating would go so much more quickly if I didn't have to pack up most of my house to put the decorations out.  Oh well.  I am my own worst enemy who does not subscribe to the "less is more" style.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Your cross stitched Christmas pillow is awesome and looks quite nice with the vintage tinsel.

acorn hollow said...

I love your finish with the tinsle.
I have been decorating for a week but I am thrilled with how it looks. I can't wait to see yours.
Cathy

Julia said...

What a darling little sparkly Christmas pillow. It looks perfectly at home in front of your vintage Santas. It looks like it belongs there.

I am still not in the Christmas decorating mode yet. I usually wait till mid-December.
It's so much better to not have to carry all those heavy totes up and down stairs.

Take care and you can twaddle all you want.
Hugs, Julia

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your finished cross stitch piece is great. I have this pattern in my stash and need to get it out and stitch because it is such a great design. Yes, my house is a decorating nightmare, seems about the time I get everything out, it’s time to put it all away.

NMK said...

Love your cross stitch and the vintage tinsel just adds so much charm !! Very Cute !

I have one of your neat Santas too ! It's the Santa that has a light coating of wax standing on the mound of snow . It was my Mother's and she cut out the back so a candle would be behind him ! Lucky he didn't melt or burn up ! LOL He is one of my favorite decorations .

Have fun decorating !!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

lovely display using your cross stitch and santas :)
my little farmhouse is on it's ear at the moment, but after this weekend I can relax and enjoy it!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Yes that little pillow is dear! I love the added tinsel trim- it really makes it!
Decorating light this year as our place is small-lots of pine boughs
and red dogwood fresh from outdoors! Sheepunderfeet

Prims By The Water said...

I believe that is a Pineberry Lane pattern and you did an awesome job. I love how you added the tinsel around. Where do you find your coverlet pieces? I would love to make a snowman applique like you are doing right now. So far those look wonderful too. Janice

marly said...

If you love it (we do!) it is absolutely worth the work.

WoolenSails said...

Yes, I have seen that design by Pineberry, always love the look of cross stitch pieces at Christmas and have all the ones that my friends have gifted me, out. I do the same thing, I have to take down a lot to put Christmas out and I can't help but buy new pieces each year, lol.

Debbie

Julia said...

Dear Lauren, this evening, I'm thinking about you and your brother and have him in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery so that you'll all have a Merry Christmas. Warm hugs and positive thoughts.
Hugs,
Julia