Monday, November 20, 2023

I Can't Pass Up a Bargain ~

I purchased this shoo fly (vintage/antique child's rocking horse) many moons ago and he sits atop a wool cupboard in the hooking room.

Then a few years ago I got this guy - minus his rockers - that I use during the holidays.

On Saturday, at the Christmas open house at Seville Antiques, I found this guy.  Like I need another shoo fly, but he only had a $20 price tag on him - and the dealer was offering 20% off everything in her booth.  How could I not buy him?  I think he will sit by the Christmas tree loaded with presents.  


I do believe he has his original horse hair tails.

I bought a few other things but none as good a bargain as this 😁

I am thankful my son arrived home on schedule.  He took the red eye Saturday night.  Had he waited to fly out on Sunday, he may not have made it.  Due to high winds, 500 flights were delayed by 1:00 that afternoon.  I am a happy momma.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

Oh my goodness your Rocking horse was the deal of the year !!!! So cute !!! Great that your son made it home for Thanksgiving !!!

Julia said...

I love your new horse addition. What a lucky deal. Now you have a collection. lol...

That was lucky too for your son to make that flight and I'm so glad for you that he's home for Thanksgiving. I'm sure he's loving your new kitchen and downstair bathroom. Lately, flying has become quite a challenge. So many flights are canceled because of bad weather.

Enjoy the company of your son for Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

As much fun as I make of your antiquing, must say I'd had brought that bad boy home with me too!!! What a score and I'm envious! Those aren't just for Christmas decor, you could even roll some of your rugs not presently out and display them there until the season arrives.
So very happy your son got home to see his mama.

acorn hollow said...

Yes you got a great deal! So very glad your son made it home bad weather coming in tue night I am sure it will impact lots of flights
Cathy

marly said...

You most certainly had to purchase for that price. Hope we get to see what came home with him.

Glad your son made it home, have a wonderful week.

Farm Girl said...

I love that one with the horsehair tails. That really is a wonderful find.
Yay!! your son made it home.
Have a lovely time with him and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Prims By The Water said...

So glad your son made it this year. I wish we lived closer to Seville. I saw lots of goodies on Gabby's You Tube I would have liked. You did score on that horse BTW. Janice

Rugslane Carpet said...

Interesting post shared. I am glad to find your post. Looking for Handmade Rugs for your living area. Please visit Rugslane.