Wednesday, March 6, 2024

What's Up Next?

 

I found this hooked rug on Facebook ~ I think I noticed the stone fruit before I noticed the rug.


I knew I had the book the pattern came from. 

The rug is titled Askew and it is a pattern by Pat Cross.

The enlarged size is 36" x 23" but I knew I needed a much bigger rug to put in the little hall that leads from the garage to the kitchen and past the newly renovated half bath/laundry room.  I thought easy peasy, I would just add another long row (for a total of 5) and 2 shorter rows (for a total of 9).  Let's just say it did not go as planned.  I got the pattern transferred to screen all wonky but thought I could transfer to the linen without issue.  WRONG!  I got it about 85% transferred when I discover my rows were too off.  More than an inch and a half off in some cases.  Nobody else probably would have noticed, but I knew I would never be happy . . . so I turned the linen over and started again.  This darn thing took me hours to transfer, measuring and re-measuring.  The size of my rug will be  27 1/2" x 45 1/2", which for me is H.U.G.E.  I am hoping it is going to be a real worm buster!!!

There are a total of 45 circles and my goal is too hook 2 a day and hopefully some background.  Here's my start.




Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Holy honking big rug! Eeek. And then when all is said and done you're going to actually put it on the floor and walk on it. Geez. It's a great design though.... I have that book too and hooked the cat rug on the front cover (lifetimes ago) and it is actually one of my favorite rugs I've ever hooked. (Not that I've hooked that many to choose from.) I'm sure you'll have this done sooner than I'll have my little stag. Such a slacker I am. ~et~

Jo said...

That will be an awesome rug & maybe you’ll use up a few of those never ending piles of worms! Hope you’re bringing it next weekend so I can see it in person! See you soon!

marly said...

Absolutely love this one!!!

Saundra said...

And a beautiful worm buster it will be! That is huge!

acorn hollow said...

I like that rug you will breeze through that in no time. and It will be a good worm buster.
I don't think I have that book I will have to look I have so many.
cathy

Sue Swank said...

That is a big rug. It'll look so nice in it's location once complete. You might be surprised at how many worms you'll still have leftover. They multiply at night.

NMK said...

That is a big rug , but what a great design for a hallway . Hope you won't have many worms left after hooking this !!!LOL.... I would have given up after drawing that & then seeing it wasn't straight on the grain . Have fun hooking this !!!

Prims By The Water said...

Worm buster for sure. Love the colors on this one and you have a nice start. I started another sampler cross stitch with 81 motifs. I figured if I did even just one a day, I would be done by May. Well I only have 4 done right now. Hope your progress is better than mine. Janice

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

love that rug! ~ I have both of Pat's books...she used to come visit us quite often when she lived here in VA. had the chance to visit her house a few times and WOW! I miss seeing her and her wool room! can'twait to follow your progress :)
Lori

WoolenSails said...

Love the rug and a fun way to use up worms and scraps. I also saw the bunnies you. made, those are really cute.

Debbie