Sunday, March 3, 2024

Wabbit Season ~

 

So hard to believe it is the Easter season.  I know it falls early this year, and here is what I found in a search.

"Easter, the annual Christian celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection, can fall anywhere from March 22 to April 25.

Easter as early as March 22 is very rare.  The last time it happened was 1818, the the next time will be 2285.  Easter last fell on the latest date in 1943, and will again in 2038.

How the date is determined sounds simple, but is pretty complex.  Generally, Easter is observed on the Sunday following the first full moon in the Northern Hemisphere, or the first full moon after the vernal equinox March 20.

But astronomical observations depend on where you are in the world, so a table is used to set the date ever year."

More than you wanted to know, right?

Did you know that rabbits are known to live in a colony, warren, fluffle or herd?  More trivial info . . . but I just love the word fluffle 😁

Last year I found these Dollar (and a quarter) Tree bunnies on Facebook.

It inspired me to make these.


It is once again bunny season at DT so I have bought more than a few.  This year I found some of the brown bunnies.  It is hard to tell in this picture but they have all had a coffee bath except the two on the right.


I will be getting together with a couple groups of friends (yes . . . I do have a few friends) and we will dress them.

Here is the only one I did not give away last year.


If you decide to head to Dollar Tree for bunnies, go sooner rather than later because near Easter last year they were hard to find.  Look at them carefully.  If you plan to stain them, be sure no glue is slopped on their faces.  Even though I looked carefully, I still had to glue some bases that were open and some loose noses and arms.  If you remember, last year I actually bought one without arms . . . lol.  They are not a quality item, but you can't expect much for $1.25.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Bunny hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

At first when you said you made them, I thought perhaps you'd cut the fabric and sewed them together. But your way is a lot faster and more economical. Didn't know the facts about the Easter dates, very interesting indeed.

NMK said...

Very interesting about how Easter's date changes !
I ran to the Dollar Store last year & bought your Bunny too ! But , I didn't dress it up yet ....have to do that , yours look so cute ! Love them tea dyed ! Another project to do !!!

acorn hollow said...

I do not like early Easter we usually have snow on the ground for those. Makes egg hunting hard for the kids.
Those are cute bunnies but you make them look so sweet.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I never knew the trivia about Easter dates. Be careful - you might be in danger of becoming collector and purveyor of totally useless information. LMBO. Like Cathy, I'd prefer it to be a bit later. We usually have snow on the ground either way but, with late Easters, spring weather is at least close enough to dream about. That's quite the fluffle you have going there. I'm not even bothering decorating for Easter this year. Heck, not even all of my little Christmas is put away yet. If I look close enough I might even find some Halloween yet here and there. There...I actually said it publicly. ~Robin~

marly said...

Cute, but I prefer the chocolate ones. Very good info about Easter's date, interesting!

Prims By The Water said...

Me loves Wabbit season and yes Easter it is early this year. I never realized the meaning as to how the date occurs so thanks for letting us all know. Great information. Cute bunnies. Look forward to seeing this batch up warrens you come up with dressed for the occasion. Janice

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

cute rabbits!
confusing Easter info!
lol