Thursday, March 14, 2024


Dear friend Julia just finished her tree skirt.  She started it at rug camp mid-January.  It is 34" in diameter, hooked in a 6 & 7 cut with a 4 cut for detail.  That is some seriously FAST hooking.  Pattern is No Crib for a Bed by Irene M. Carter.  Isn't it just the sweetest?  The animals just make me smile.

Here is my progress on Askew.  60% of the circles done (I am not a big fan of hooking circles!) but did not yet get any background hooked.


Background worms are ready for my hooking get away.  It will be totally no brainer hooking 😁


Speaking of worms, I have been good so far and have not gone to the wool stash to pull wool.  The only cutting I have done is small widths of wool that are in the worms tubs.  Sadly I have barely made a dent in them.

Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day in Ohio!  I mowed the yard for the first time.  I always get antsy to start mowing, but by August I will be totally over it . . . LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Sue Swank said...

You mowed??? Wow, did you beat your son this year?? I've been weeding, but no mowing and probably not for another month.

Saundra said...

I also did a little mowing this week, but not where the ground is under the lake.
Askew is looking cool.

Maureen said...

Also a Buckeye here but able to hold off mowing a little bit longer. Bulbs are blooming and trees are budding though. You are making great progress on your rug. Your friends tree skirt is just charming and lovely and beautifully done. Like you said, the animals made me smile. I would have to find a way to decorate with it year round . Thanks for sharing yours and your friends 🙂

acorn hollow said...

My friend hooked that tree skirt it too. That one is wonderful.
Your rug is coming right along enjoy your time with friend hooking.
there is no mowing here we still have some snow and what is not snowy is pretty wet.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Mowing? Seriously?? Yikes. I definitely live in a different world LOL. I'd say that's speed hooking of both Julia's and your parts. That tree skirt is incredible. And your rug is going to be amazing. I'm in a real hooking funk. Again. ~Robin~

NMK said...

My husband brought out the mower yesterday to pick up sticks & hundreds of pine cones all over the yard . We have never had so many pine cones ! The Cmas tree skirt is amazing ! She hooked that so quickly in those fine cuts ! Love your circles & wools for the background . Have a nice weekend !

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Mowing seems a long way off for me as well. There are still a few snow piles in the yard. I do need to get at all those fallen limbs. Tree skirt hooker must do it in her sleep! Amazing. Your rug is looking super too.
Sheepunderfeet

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Haven't mowed yet, grass is still low but the ONION grass is knee-high! lol
Pinocchio and Daisy {our donkeys} love to eat the stuff...unfortunately then they want a kiss, and there is nothing worse than onion/donkey breath. :/
loving the progress on your rug! and WOW!!! to that tree skirt :)