Tuesday, March 19, 2024

More from Tipp City ~

So much fun stuff to share from Tipp City.  Jo Wick of Jo's Folk Art Fibers sharing punch needle tips.



Antique rugs belonging to Jenny Smallridge of the Wooly Horse.  She talked about the directional hooking of the antique rugs and why it makes a newly hooked rug look old.



A pulled loop showing the old blue cotton fabric used on the geometric.


This rug has two moons.


Chrisi Koehl of Rustic Eweniques sharing some of her rugs.


There were quite a few patriotic rugs being hooked.

This pattern by Red Barn Rugs is one of my absolute favorites!







Wooly Horse offers a hooked and punch needle pattern of the Uncle Sams.  Now Deb is converting them to applique patterns.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
More rugs to share next post.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren


6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I really wish I could be comfortable punching.
I wonder what it says about the word that so many people are doing patriotic rugs?? I just got one done.
It really looks like a great time.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I love the first Eagle and have hooked the 3rd one known as McCue Eagle originally hooked by Magdalena Briner Eby. Thanks for the great photos and I want that woman's denim blue tee shirt!!!!!

marly said...

I really like Cheri's eagle with the wing bunting. Quite a few gatherings and hookers in your area.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Every time I see punch needle I decide I need to do more of it...then I completely put it out of my mind. Like everything else, nothing is getting done. Those patriotic rugs are amazing. I have the pattern and the wool for the Colonial Eagle rug by Cathy...have had it since before she even finished hers...just haven't started it yet. I also love her Guardian Eagle...and the Marching On one... Ugh. So many things I wanna hook! I think I would have loved that outing. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Wish I knew how to needle punch. Looks fun. I so loved all of the rugs. Great talent galore. Janice

Julia said...

Some really beautiful rugs. I really like the large one with the floral and the big vase, with a black and grey background.

Hugs, Julia