Thursday, March 21, 2024

Tipp City Throw Down ~

There was so much talent on display at the Tipp City hook in.  We had a throw down in the afternoon.  I probably missed pictures of a few of the rugs.  Sorry.  It is hard to take it all in.
























Another sweet wool applique.


I just completed another trip around the sun.  I am trying to figure out where the time has gone.  It is truly scary how quickly the years are passing.


My poor brother.  He was recovering so well from the open heart surgery.  Then he started developing "cysts" on the incision.  They were treating him for an infection, but things were not improving.  Home health care, wound doctor . . . today he had to have surgery for them to try to take care of the problem.  Not really sure of the issue.  I'm not sure they know.  Hopefully now he can really recover and get his life back to normal.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

All rugs in the thrown down were wonderful and I see a few designs which interested me. Am sure you were in sensory overload.
Happy Birthday young lady. For your birthday I spent $1,972; Oh, for my crown, lol.

Jo said...

Well Happy Birthday & May this year bring you good health, happiness & lots of hooking time! Thank you for all the pictures & promoting of our Spring Fling! Such a fun weekend it was!

Leonora said...

What fun! That's a lot of talent under one roof!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I am unhappy to hear of your brother’s setback.
Praying for a successful surgery. The mats are
amazing- so many wonderfully creative people
out there. The first two are my colour choice mats
and the mat with the sky behind the church —wow!
Sheepunderfeet

Betty said...

Happy Birthday! I'm the same age and afraid to blink now. Ha. Wonderful rugs, a feast for the eyes. May your brother power through his recovery.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I said it before, but I will say it again: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sissy!!! Creative candle arrangements on your "cake." Each and every one of those rugs are truly incredible. I went back through the photos several times and find it difficult to pick favorites. Wow! So sorry to read of your brother's setback. Hoping and praying the surgery takes care of things and he heals quickly and fully. ~Robin~

NMK said...

Happy Birthday to you !!! The trips around the Moon are moving way too fast !!!
All the rugs you posted from Tripp City are just Beautiful ...the sepia rug with the pugs was incredible !
So sorry to hear your brother has had a set back , hope he will better soon .

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Birthday!!! Will say a prayer for your brother. So Scary. A fantastic throw down. Love them all. Janice

marly said...

Happy birthday! Your special day is the same as cranky Robin? And yes, the speed of passing time is unbelievable, even disturbing as we age.

I've heard of cysts developing at incisions, hopefully they will be diagnosed and resolved without too much pain and healing.

Julia said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Lauren. So sorry I missed it and I'm sorry about your brother's setback. I've been praying for his speedy recovery since he had his surgery and I'll keep his name on my prayer list.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful rugs with us.
Hugs, Julia