Sunday, July 2, 2023

Treetop Birds ~

 

Treetop Birds, an antique adaptation that I enlarged to 22"x 35", is hooked and bound!  I did not care for the colors of the original (but it has that blotchy background that Saundra loves) . . . 

. . . so in a class with Kris Miller we came up with this.  I think I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I am the one who chose the greens, and I do like those grey/greens, but I am not sure if it is just too much green!  BUT . . . it is what it is and it is DONE 😁  If you ever have the opportunity to take a class with Kris, don't hesitate.  She is a great teacher who is lots of fun.  The color is closer in the picture of the entire rug.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Sue Swank said...

I think it's just lovely. I like the grey green and the green. Another one done. ✔️

Saundra said...

It turned out wonderful and I like your scrolls much better than the antique. The mix of grey green and green and other neutrals worked out well. I agree Kris is a great teacher and a lot of fun.

TheCrankyCrow said...

No, no...definitely NOT too much! I love it! I was staring at the the first photo of the original and puzzling thinking this just wasn't you at all...DUH. I swear there is stupid in my coffee these days. (Or could it be in the wine?? That would explain a great deal.) I love YOUR version...like Saundra said, your scrolls are sooo much better - and the color palette so much more pleasing. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I love it!!! Well done!
Cathy

marly said...

Colors are great. Hope your love/hate with it mellows to a big smooch. Happy 4th!

Prims By The Water said...

Am not a fan of green myself, but I do feel you did this rug justice. I so love your version! Janice

Julia said...

I love grey-green and I love the colors you chose. A person can get in a rut of always choosing the same colors but your rugs are never boring and always beautiful.
I'm sure you'll come to love it as we all do. Happy 4th of July. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

I need to get out of this no-posts rut.
Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

looks just Beautiful !!!! So pretty !!!
Have a Happy 4th of July too !!!

WoolenSails said...

I think the green looks nice and it is nice antique shade. I still have rugs I need to fix and bind.

Debbie