Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The Crickets are Singing . . .

. . . and the deer are voracious.  I did not use any deer repellant this year (not that any I have found work that great) and they have decimated some of my hostas.  Some they eat and others they leave alone.  I guess I have picky deer.


My volunteer sunflower is so sweet.

My pond is teeny tiny.  3' in diameter.  I bought seven $.17 feeder fish and two survived.  They started out at maybe 1 1/2" and now must be 4" long and pretty fat.  That is fish food floating in the water.  I feed them pretty good.

My only accomplishment has been to finish these pinkeeps.  Kind of pathetic, don't you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

Geeze between all the rain we have had , you think the Deer could find other things to eat ! The weeds and bugs have really ruined all the gardens and flowers ....
Love your pretty little sachets !

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...your deer are a bit hungry. They probably think they are at a high end restaurant being in your gorgeous yard. I had something eat two large ferns completely down to a 2" stalk...There is an entire border of ferns but whatever it was singled out just 2 separate plants among them all and ate them entirely. You "only" got an entire BOWLFUL of pinkeeps done? Well, what they hey...shirker! 🤣 ~et~

Prims By The Water said...

My neighbor once added this really nice pond to her backyard as she wanted to sit and watch what came in to visit. She loaded it with fish like you did yours. Well each day that big ole heron cme in and just ate all of her fish up. She forgot to give the fish someplace to hide. The deer have been going after my mom's flowers to. Maybe its a sign. The pinkeeps do look a nit patriotic, but we need to be nowadays. Janice

Saundra said...

Love your volunteer sunflower and pin keeps.

Farm Girl said...

I have never had a issue with deer. I am glad. I love your sunflower and your fish. We took care of the neighbors house next door while they were gone. He asked us to check on the fish, I was expecting gold fish and they are two great big catfish.They came out of their cave and it so surprised me. They are very tame.
I love your pinkeeps! I enjoy making them and I like how unique yousr are and I love what nice work you do.

Sue Swank said...

Your little pond is very cute. I haven't had trouble with the deer this year, but the Japanese beetles sure are having a feast. Many more of them than last year.

marly said...

Not pathetic at all. You're free, it's summer, you're always on the go. Sit a spell girl!!!

Maureen said...

For deer, I have had luck with hanging Irish Spring soap inside a nylon stocking and hanging it (around their nose height) from a shephardsh ook in the midst of the plants they are munching on.