Friday, July 7, 2023

A Couple Finishes ~

It has been a while since I have had hook in hand!  Not one loop has been pulled on my rug started in the Cathy Stephan class since class ended in late May, though I have hooked a few smalls.

I completely finished another dirty snowman.  He is on the left and not quite as dirty as the other.


I still have one more pelt board this size and will be hooking a Santa.  I hope to sell these at the show I am doing in October and if they don't sell . . . Christmas gifts 😁

I also finished another pumpkin with handtorn strips that I will donate to the hooking guild for a door prize at the hook in.


Some days if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all 😬  Last evening I drove to DSO's (5minutes away) and my little SUV ran just fine.  Heading home an hour and a half later, it was not running properly.  Headed back to DSO's since he is pretty good at diagnosing problems.  It ran ok to his house, then not ok, and kept getting worse and worse.  The auto repair shop I use is between our two residences, so I dropped it off.  Of course they were not able to look at it today (I totally understand that) but now I am without a vehicle for the weekend.  UGH!  Maybe I will have to stay home and get some stuff done . . . but that's no fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

UGH ....car problems are never fun & expensive ....fingers crossed it isn't serious

Think you need to do some hooking now that you are stuck at home ....LOL

Prims By The Water said...

That usually happens to us when our vehicles break down close to the weekend. UGH Hopefully your repair is not too expensive. I so love your dirty snowmen! I say start hooking this weekend since you cannot go out. Janice

Sue Swank said...

Sorry to hear your car is acting up. Could you explain how you finished the snowman and applied it to the board? They look so cute.

Saundra said...

Love the snowmen and don't think you'll have them to give as Christmas gifts. Was it Jo who told you how to finish them as I think I saw HUGE ones she hooked.
Poor baby gonna have to stay home instead of antique shopping, lol. Hope it isn't a huge expense.

marly said...

Indulge! Treats, good coffee, sitting out and enjoying your gardens, a nap! I love days of simple quiet.

Julia said...

A road runner without a car on the weekend is a sad thing but you'll get over it. I hope it's nothing serious. $$ But know that I sympathize with you. Handing hard-earned money to the car repair shop isn't much fun. I know, as I had my rear brakes repaired and it cost me a pretty penny.

Enjoy your weekend anyway.
Hugs, Julia

Julia said...

I forgot to mention... your dirty snowmen look amazing. I think they will be hot sellers.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love, love, love those snowmen!! (Think I said that about the first one...well, now it's x2!) And I'll never tire of your hand torn pumpkins. Bummer about the lack of wheels but had to say I did snicker a wee bit about you being without transportation for an ENTIRE WEEKEND LOL. Mine could likely be MIA for an entire week and I wouldn't miss it. I am especially averse to going out on weekends and cannot tell you the last time I went out on one. Hope it gets fixed soon though for your sake, and without biting in to your "fun" budget too badly. ~The Hermit~