Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Around the Yard ~

 A little walk around the yard yesterday.















A little clarification.  DSO's hot rod is a kit.  It is designed to look like a '35 Ford truck.  Everything is new.  He did not want old car issues.  Thanks for all the kind comments regarding it.  They made his day!

My Rogue is back in service.  I was really getting nervous because I had not heard from the repair shop.  Mid afternoon I finally got a call that it was ready.  The problem?  A wasp had built a nest and goobered something up.  Whooda thunk?  I had already been scheduled for an oil change so that was taken care of, too.  A very reasonable repair.  I was beyond happy.  I am so lucky to have an honest mechanic!!!

Tomorrow and Thursday I have a local class with Jo Wick.  Many of you may recognize her from Facebook.  We are hooking and constructing a pencil pouch purse.  This has been on my "list" for many years.  I have a number of the pouches, but never took the time to figure out how to put it all together.  I much prefer to be shown how to construct it 😅

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

I purchased one of those pencil pouches a few years ago when she mentioned it and showed her finished purse and strap. And I haven't worked on it either but it would be a project that I SHOULD pursue. Plus it is school supply time and those would be available again.

Garden photos look awesome but takes a lot more work than I'm willing to do in this overgrown wooded yard.

acorn hollow said...

Glad it was an easy fix. Your gardens are lovely. Beautiful lilies. I jutlst spent a few minutes dead heading mine.
You get lots of hooking fun in your area wished we had that much going on here.
Cathy

NMK said...

Your gardens look so pretty !
Have fun at your class ...the pencil purse sounds great !!!

Jane said...

Your gardens are so beautiful!

Prims By The Water said...

So glad your car is fixed. My daughter once had a snake under her hood. Even the mechanic did not want to get it out and I dont blame him. It must have been someone's pet that got loose. Your gardens are just wonderful and you should be on some sort of garden tour. Have fun hooking your new project and make sure to have a show and tell. Janice

Julia said...

I'm glad your Rogue is fixed. Years ago my daughter's friend's car wouldn't start and they found a mouse nest somewhere under the hood.

Your yard must be a point of interest for your neighbors. It looks amazing. You have so many creative lawn ornaments. I have a single lawn ornament and it's a huge rock that filled the back of a large truck. Years ago, my husband had asked if I wanted a pet rock for the lawn and I said yes, expecting a rock that would fit in a large wheelbarrow, lol. It's a big pet rock. lol...

My daylilies are just starting to bloom. You have the most beautiful daylily.

Enjoy your class. Can't wait to see what you make.
Hugs, Julia

Sue Swank said...

Your yard just gets better each year. It's beautiful.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your.yard.is.GORGEOUS!!! The daisies are so sweet - it was what I was supposed to have but they ended up being brown-eyed Susan's instead. (Did I mention I do not like yellow in my garden??) And that ruffled lily! The pump fountain! The watering can with the Creeping Jenny!! EVERYTHING!!! I haven't a clue what you are talking about with the pencil pouch but looking forward to seeing it and hearing about it. Have fun! Glad the SUV issue was relatively painless. ~Robin~

Jo said...

Get your hook ready!! Looking forward to our class today!

Farm Girl said...

Your yard is beautiful!! Have a wonderful time hooking.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your class- post pics! I’m glad your repair was simple. How rare! The stroll through your Eden was a joy.

marly said...

Love it when you offer tours, inside and out.