Sunday, July 9, 2023

Fun Stuff ~

Thankfully I was able to hitch a ride to my favorite antique show today 💗 .  Every year the show gets smaller with fewer dealers and the better quality dealers for the most part are no longer there.  With that being said, I still enjoy the show and managed to find some new old treasures.

This apothecary jar, not old, was filled with . . .  


. . . heart cookie cutters and 4 heart tart tins.  I already had a couple heart cookie cutters so now I have an instant collection!


Hooker blocks.  At first glance, the E does not appear to be an F, which it really is.  Oh, well.


A figural Santa light bulb, silverplate sugar spoon that needs polishing and 3 sweet little pairs of scissors for display.


And yet another cracked crock to add to my "cracked crock" collection.  From the front this 4 gallon bee sting crock looks pretty good, but the left ear (handle) is broken and it has a significant crack in the back, but hey.  I'm no purist.


Also got a couple of fun, rusty pieces for my garden.  Pictures later.  All in all a good day and not too much $$ spent.

Today was a big day for DSO.  My sweetie had a big, I mean REALLY BIG, birthday.  Here he is by the hot rod he has been building from a kit for the last few years.  It was finally back on the road today after him having spent months painting it.  He is one happy camper.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Julia said...

I guess, where there's a will, there's a way. You didn't stay home like a little old lady and got to the antique show anyhow. I love your collection of heat shape cookie cutters and those little fancy scissors. No one will see the crack on your crock if you don't point it out to them. It looks in perfect condition from what I can see in the picture.

Happy Birthday to your DSO. What a magnificent job he did with that old car kit.
I hope that you'll be riding in that special car soon if he hasn't already taken you out already.

Enjoy the new week.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

He is looking pretty sharp for a big birthday!!! Great finds as always.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun new old treasures. I still enjoy trading out my cookie cutters by the season...I guess I could put away the stars and (few) eagles and start bringing out the crows. Love your new cracked crock. I am still on the hunt for a 1 gallon beesting for my little collection but becoming convinced they don't exist. Happiest of birthday wishes to DSO...looking pretty dapper! ~Robin~

NMK said...

What a Fun Day you had & found great treasures !!! I have lots & lots of Heart cookie cutters , I try not to buy anymore , but there is always one I don't have !!!LOL
Wow ...your DSO deserves to be proud restoring the Beautiful old Classic !!! My son loves old 1976 Broncos ...his poor wife will never be able to park her car in the garage until he builds a Barn !!!! Their garage is filled with all kinds of parts !

Prims By The Water said...

Happy birthday to DSO! Great car too! Where was the antique show? You got some nice things from it. I have a few cracked crocks too. Janice

Saundra said...

Glad you picked up some antique bargains and hope the repairs on your vehicle are reasonable. Your DSO sure likes to dabble in complicated engines ~ first an airplane and now a vintage car. Glad he decided to keep his feet on the ground this time around.

Farm Girl said...

What fun!! you find such treasures! I love that car! How cool that is.
I need to try some antique shopping soon. I love that crock!
Have a fun day Lauren.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

well you scored a bunch of treasures! love the jar, and the cookie cutters! ~
a cracked crock is still a good find...filled with dried flowers or rolled up hooked rugs! ~ happy birthday to DSO!

marly said...

I have trouble kitting a stitching project, he kits a car. Hope the birthday was special!