Friday, June 30, 2023

Dirty Snowman ~

 


I don't hook with white wool 😏  Anything "white" ends up being a dirty white, snowmen included.  I finished hooking this little guy weeks ago, but it took a while to get up my courage to cut him out and glue him to a pelt board.  I must say I am very happy with how he came out.  The size of the board is about 19" x 6 1/2".  I have two more of the pelt boards that I had purchased years ago and one more snowman already hooked.


Here is the sweet little table riser I bought last week.  It has some age but is definitely not antique.  Perhaps vintage?  Normally I have a bowl of stone fruit on the dining room table, but it is just too heavy for this piece.


Almost July???  Once again, how did that happen?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

Love your Snowman on the Pelt board , its perfect !!! And your table riser is such a pretty color !
Have a Happy 4th Of July !!! Time flies by way too fast !!!

marly said...

Looks good to me! A handsome fellow with a sweet smile. I have a smaller board like that and a large wooden ironing board that I would like to cut into a whale shape. Mom's is in the attic and I plan to make something with it. One day. Year.

Saundra said...

What a delightful hooked snowman and presentation!!! I'd never heard of a pelt board but knew what it was by its name. I've only seen hides tanned and stretched in a primitive survival situation as I watch a lot of those type shows. And they didn't used boards.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I LOVE that snow fella!!! Absolutely perfect finish!!!And you know I adore that riser....but shame on you for not pointing out the error of my previous comment!! I feel like an idiot LOL. ~Robin~

Julia said...

What a perfect setting for your dirty snowman. You did a great job attaching it to the pelt stretcher. Now I have to go and read Robin's previous comment. hehehe.
Happy 4th of July.
Hugs,
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

That snowman is so sweet! I love the dirty look. That board has some nice patina and your sheep is perfect on it! On my jaunt yesterday I was ale to find to different colored stone cherries to add to my collection...still no half fruit though. Janice

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your snowman is sweet! I love the mounting. What rug is that behind it with the cat? Is it your pattern? Love the riser and sheep. Happy Fourth!

acorn hollow said...

I love your snowman on the pelt board. Great idea.
Cathy