Saturday, December 31, 2022

The BIG Tree ~

 

The big tree is always the last thing decorated and the last thing put away, so it's only apropos to show it last.  I think I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it.  My old artificial tree had seen better days, so last year after Christmas I purchased a new one.  I have many heavy ornaments and I love that this tree has stiff branches making it easier to hang them.  However, I have never had a tree with such a perfect shape.  I prefer a tree that is rather wonky.  This year on my Facebook page, lots of wonky trees kept popping up (I guess big brother is really watching, isn't he?) but I could not justify buying yet another.  So . . . this one will have to do for at least a few years.

A couple ornaments my boys made in preschool many years ago.  They are now 43 and 41 and pretty soon the ornaments . . . and my boys . . . will be "vintage" 😁  The candy cane grandson Jake and I made in 2012.




Older son Bill made this in 1987 (age 8).


And younger son J also made this in 1987 (age 6).


A favorite picture of grandson Jake.


One last Christmas picture.  It's not like I don't have a couple other sleds in the attic . . . much older ones . . . that have not been down in a few years.  I saw this at the antique mall the other day and found the small size charming.  I bought it thinking I would give it as a gift next Christmas, but love it here on the old blanket chest (aka coffee table).


Happy New Year's Eve.  My NYE will be spent "partying" on the couch, watching a movie and crossing a few Xs.  (One of these days I will finally pick up my hook!!!)  The perfect Eve, in my book.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

5 comments:

Julia said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE dear Lauren. Yet another tree... I really think your house should be in a magazine. I love the homemade tree ornaments. They are priceless.

I like the idea of partying on the couch and watching a movie. It will be a quiet evening here as well. My New Year's Eve partying days are over, lol.

Enjoy the eve of the new year 2023.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Happy New Year's eve to you as well. I'll party on the sofa with a hook in and out of my wine hand and 9:30-10 pm I'll be on my way to bed.

Farm Girl said...

Happy New Year!! It sounds like a perfect evening. I read a book.
I wish you all of the best for 2023.

NMK said...

Love your son's handmade ornaments , they are so sweet . And that Sled is a Beauty !!!
Hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve celebration ! Sounds perfect !!!
Happy 2023 !!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

How nice to have ornaments from your boys! I kept my tree up and just removed the Santa's from it. I still like to have the twinkling of the white lights up. I just add in more greens and Winter displays. After all it s Winter now. LOL My mom wll be back in a few weeks, so I added a few Winter displays in the room she sleeps n too. Its her fault, because growing up she decorated for every holiday. I got her decor gene. Some day I will pull out my sled growing up. It is heavier than you know what. Your big tree is beautiful and festive! Janice