Wednesday, January 4, 2023

At Long Last ~ Hook in Hand

It has probably 5-6 weeks since I have pulled a loop.  I have 3 largish (for me) rugs in various stages of completion, but for whatever reason, could not make myself work on them.  Since I can't sit and not do some type of handwork, I worked on a couple little cross stitch pieces.  Sweet Pineberry Lane designs.  I found a scrap of 26 count linen so these worked up rather large but will make sweet little pinkeeps if I ever get around to finally finishing them.  (They are both hooked on the same piece of linen.  Photos taken in the same spot with the same lighting, but the linen color is showing differently ???)


Crooked River Rug Hooking guild hooks a rug each year to raffle as a fundraiser at our annual fall hook in.  I have never worked on the raffle rug before, but absolutely love the rug chosen this year.  It is a Therese Shick design sold by the Wool'n Gardener, titled Four Patch Pumpkins.  The finished size will be approximately 30" x 30".  Dear friend Heidi (who started the guild) did the color planning and the start of the hooking.

Here is the progress I have made so far.  It is a fun one to hook.

Normally, once January 1 rolls around, I am most anxious to get the decorations put away and the house back to its usual state.  This year is the exception.  I have not taken a thing down and have decided to wait until Old Christmas, then I will probably be a mad woman trying to get it finished.  Thankfully it comes down much more quickly than it goes up.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊 
Lauren

6 comments:

Saundra said...

I'm a tad confused on the Guild rug endeavor....Are you hooking certain motifs or the whole thing 30 x 30? If the whole thing OMG woman you're a super star! Cannot wait to see the finish.

Julia said...

I wrote a comment and then forgot to click Publish. I love this pattern. It should bring a good sum of money. I love the colors and it looks like a great beginning. Are you a member of this guild and are you going to work on it?

My tree is still up too.

Hugs,
Julia

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful pattern and great color plan. I usually don't take Christmas down until I am good and tired of it but this year, I wanted it gone. Still no Christmas with the family I am hoping for this weekend.
I haven't hooked much but I am ready to get back at it.
Cathy

NMK said...

The project you are hooking looks really pretty . My tree is still up too. It is our very first fake tree , so I am enjoying no pine needles on the floor , no bugs , and not having to water it ! Friends busted me for giving up a real Cmas tree , but they are complaining of lots of bugs all of a sudden & the needles are falling off like crazy ! Oh well I say , our tree looks great !!! We are so happy about our decision !!! LOL

Prims By The Water said...

The colors will be wonderful! I still have some Christmas up. Not sure if is laziness or just dont want it to end yet. My mom says I should leave it up until the second weekend of January...well it might still be here when she comes in on the 15th.LOL Also love your Halloween stitches! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I have pulled that Pineberry pattern out every fall to stitch since Wendy released it and still haven't stitched them...but vowed they are getting stitched and finished before this next Halloween so the pattern is still sitting next to my stitching chair... As for hooking, I can't really remember the last time I touch my hook other than to move it. But, I need to get there... I think I committed to a workshop at Cathy's in a few weeks. 😳 Not even sure where to begin. Love the raffle rug..but, yeah...I'm a bit confused too (must run in the family?) Does everyone hook their own or does everyone hook on the same rug? Stupid in Nod ~et~