Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Winter Solstice ~

The days will start to get longer ~ woo hoo, though for a long time it will be almost imperceptible.  Thursday's rain is set to turn into Friday's blizzard.  Some meteorologists are comparing it to the blizzard of '78 which was one heck of a blizzard!  Of course I hope the weatherguessers are totally wrong, but this weather system looks as if it will affect most of the US and Canada.  My son is flying in Christmas Eve.  I am hoping his flight will not be delayed/cancelled.

I finally finished the cross stitching on my little Santa.  Those crazy snowflakes (which were supposed to be French knots) gave me fits.  Using the magnifier on the OTT, I still could not count correctly.  There was not quite enough contrast between the color of his face and the linen, so I added a thin backstitch around it.  Not sure I like it, but oh well, oh hell.  I just want it done.  Hopefully today I will get it sewn in to a little pinkeep.

Some more pictures from around the house.  These are from the downstairs powder room.



Little reproduction feather tree that Lisanne Miller from Cushing was selling during Rug Week at Sauder Village.  They were a steal at only $10 and sold out quickly.  Decorated with vintage ornaments.


Little hypertufa snowman.


This little tree in the kitchen is decorated only with the old figural bulbs.


A few close ups.




Also in the kitchen.


Dining room.


Vintage chenille Santas.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

5 comments:

NMK said...

Hope your son makes it Home for Cmas Eve !!! The weathermen are so excited about this storm !!! Hope they are totally wrong !!!
Love your Santa cross stitch !
You have a wonderful collection of Cmas treasures !!!
Have a Very Merry Christmas !!!!

Saundra said...

Hoping your son's flight isn't cancelled/delayed also and makes it home safe to his mom. Guess you've made plenty of pumpkin rolls, eh?
Hope the weathermen are wrong for Delaware too also glad your stitchery is done so you can get back to hook'n, lol.

acorn hollow said...

Well we are going to get it but I want your snow we are getting rain and ice ick!. I always love your decorations.
Merry Christmas
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

We have food stocked, wood stocked and cold lunchmeat to make subs in case we lose power, which we will put outside in a cooler in need be. They are calling for a bomb storm here. We will close all of the stores and hunker down...but am still hoping it passes us. Loving all of your Christmas decor, especially those chenille Santa's and bulb tree! Also you did a mighty fine job on that cross stitch piece! Janice

Unknown said...

I'd like to make that Santa too. Are you selling the pattern