Monday, December 12, 2022

Another Easy Woolly Craft ~

Head on over to the Dollar (and a quarter) Tree and pick up this wreath form.  

Two in a package so after cutting apart (using a grinder or tin snips . . . not sure . . . my sweetie cut them for me) you end up with 6 rings, 5 1/2", 6 3/4" and 8", 2 of each.  They can be found more in the craft section, not Christmas.

For the larger two rings, I tore the wool 2".  The smallest ring was cut about 1 3/4".  Snip the wool being careful not to cut the strip apart.  No need to be exact.    For the largest ring I cut the strips about  1/2" wide and a bit narrower for the other two rings.  I prefer the narrower cut.  You can double the strip to make the cutting go a little more quickly.


Using tacky glue, start winding the "feathers" around, being careful to avoid the glue.  I would spread the glue maybe an 1 1/2" - 2", wind the wool and then start the process over.  Overlap the strips as you go around.

At the end, I put a dab of glue and clipped it to allow it to dry.

Add a wool bow and you are all set.  Add embellishments as desired.  I prefer mine rather plain.

Yesterday was TubaChristmas and my longtime readers know how much I love it.  Yesterday did not disappoint.  I tried to upload a video, but blogger said the file was too large.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Julia said...

Crafty Lady, I love your wool Christmas wreaths. Will you be making those to sell or just to decorate your home?

It's sunny and cold here today but we are expecting a wee bit of snow.
Take care, Hugs,
Julia

Saundra said...

Seems that would go fast...sort of, lol. So now you have some extra gifts to give unexpected guests who drop by. Oh, are you hosting your annual neighborly neighborhood party again this year or is another neighbor hosting?

NMK said...

I was just at the Dollar Tree ...heading back tomorrow to make these !!!! Easy & Wicked Cute !!!! Thank You !!!!

acorn hollow said...

I have made a few of those wreaths' great tutorial! I would love to go to tuba Christmas.
sounds like fun.
Cathy

denise said...

Those wreaths are adorable

Prims By The Water said...

I was wondering if there was going to be a tuba Christmas. YAY you were able to go! Loved your wreaths. Will need to make some next year. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I ADORE these GT!!! Tuba music, not so much. 😬 ~et~

marly said...

LOL!! I tried deleting Maria's "comment" until I realized this isn't my blog! Oh my. I'm not sure if the mind or the body is coming in last in this race.

I like the wreaths, not sure I have the patience to cut but I could pass that off to hubby. About how long are the strips for each wreath?

JustGail said...

I like the wreaths, they remind me of mistletoe or boxwood leaves. A nice change from pine needles this time of year. About how much wool would be needed to make one?