Thursday, December 22, 2022

A Finish ~


I really am not good at "finishing" a cross stitch project.  I enjoy the stitching and then put them in a shoebox to languish.  I knew this most recent project would need to be totally finished ~ and soon ~ if it was going to be gifted on Christmas Day.  As I posted previously, the stitching gave me some fits but I persevered.  Yesterday was the day!  I must say I am happy with the way it turned out.  I have very little fabric stash but did have the perfect fabric for the back.

I wasn't sure if I would like the vintage tinsel around the edge, but I love it!  I really don't want to gift it . . . but will along with the little vintage Santa boot . . . which I would also love to keep 😁 

I thought I would share some of my holiday rugs.  I have given away many more than I have kept!  This is the most recent one I gave away.  Mr. Jingles, pattern by Notforgotten Farm.

These first rugs are ones I won on blog give-aways many years ago.  This one is from Sandi Lucero.  

From Kelly Belfast.

And a pillow from Joanne Walker.  When I got it, my foster dog ate some of the French knot snowflakes.


Some that I have hooked.
Pattern by DoodleDog Primitives


Michelle Palmer (his coat is actually a subtle blue)


Lori Rippey


Inspired by friend Lynn's rug

One of the first rugs I drew out and hooked in 2005.


Snowman was a class with Marlene Troyer a few years ago.



Now if I were more organized, I could show you some of the others I have gifted, but organization is not my forte! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Julia said...

Lauren, your little cross-stitch pillow is just adorable. You have so many Christmas rugs left even though you gave most of the rest away.

Generosity has always been your trademark. Giving away what you would like to keep for yourself shows how generous you really are.

I hope that you are ready for Christmas. Myself, I'm ready spiritually but physically, I haven't done a whole lot. I'm so not into the material side of Christmas anymore but I still will celebrate with a big feast. I just hope that the weather will not be severe for Christmas.

Merry Christmas, hugs.
Julia

Myself, I'm ready spiritually but

Saundra said...

I love the vintage tinsel on your stitchery pin keep too. I never would have guessed the santa coat was really a subtle blue. Ah, so my santa with a red background was from Kelley Belfast. Figured if I named several 'could be's' I'd get lucky.
Was your son's flight cancelled? News wasn't good news on air travelers but hope he got lucky.

Saundra said...

OOPS, I misspoke. Your Kelley snowman (not Santa) is different than mine so am still not sure whose design it is.

NMK said...

I Love the vintage tinsel , just looks Great !!! That is a perfect finish for you Santa cross stitch !!!
I Love All of your Wonderful Cmas rugs & Snowmen !!! The last free standing Snowman is Adorable !!!

Prims By The Water said...

If your gifts are not wanted, I would gladly take them. What a fantastic way to finish your cross stitch. Another idea I am going to steal from you. Tee He. Loving all of your hooked rugs too! Janice

acorn hollow said...

your stitched piece is wonderful! Nice job. I love the 3d snowman.
have a wonderful Christmas and may your son make it to you in plenty of time for celebrating Christmas.
Cathy

Jo said...

Awesome cross stitch pinkeep/pillow! The vintage tinsel really sets it off! What a wonderful gift, I would have a hard time gifting it too! You have a wonderful collection of Christmas rugs!
Merry Christmas, I hope your son is able to get home for Christmas! Brrrrrrrr, keeping it warm here in SW Ohio by the fire!

Andrea said...

As the recipient of the Mr. Jingles rug, I have to say that anyone who receives a gift you've made is lucky indeed. The attention to detail in each and every piece you make is outstanding. But even more than that, your generosity and kindness are stitched into everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart ... for the gift and the friendship. See you soon my friend.

DavidRSanchez451 said...

Embrace the festive spirit with Cold Picnic Coupons code and adorn your home with charming Christmas rugs and adorable snowmen! Transform your space into a winter wonderland filled with warmth and cheer. From cozy rugs to delightful decor, Cold Picnic has everything you need to create a magical holiday ambiance.