Wednesday, September 30, 2020

WHEW!

 


I finally decided to hook Santa's face.  Did I struggle?  Yes indeed.  I probably make it harder than it is 😢  It did take me three tries to hook the nose and two tries for the beauty line around the moustache.  The eyebrows still kind of blend with the face, but at this point I am going to call him done.

Santa's even been bound, labeled, and a had a final steaming.  


So . . . other than the little applique kit I could not find, my September list is done with a few hours to spare.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

13 comments:

newburyarts said...

Looks very nice!
Congratulations on a very charming interpretation of the design.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww.....I LOVE him!!!! The face looks GREAT! You are too, too, hard on yourself girl!! And congrats on checking off that list (well, except for the "mystery" item LOL). ~ET~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

This is an awesome rug. Love the colours!

acorn hollow said...

He looks pretty wonderful to me! Good job with your list
Cathy

denise said...

I love your Santa!He's perfect.🎄

marly said...

His face is great Lauren. A handsome guy. Subtle nose and 'stash outlines and color are perfect. This is a fabulous design and I love that tree too. I don't hook so I have to ask - can you hook brows, hair, or other features with a different loop? Like higher or smaller or bigger? Does the base material dictate the thickness of the worm? See? I know some terms - worms.

moosecraft said...

Perfect!

Saundra said...

Santa's face turned out very well, good job!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Good for you Lauren! I've accomplished nothing on my "short" list...and I do mean it was a short one!! I love the Santa rug and I think his face is perfect! Enjoy this cool, chilly day!

NMK said...

Love this Santa , his face looks great !!!

stitchingnana47@gmail.com said...

SANTA IS FANTASTIC, ME THINKS!!!!

Farm Girl said...

It looks good! I really like it and I like that pattern. You did a very nice job.

Prims By The Water said...

WOOHOO on your finishes...and Santa looks good too! Janice