Friday, September 4, 2020

Small Stuff ~


September is going to be my month of "small stuff".  No large (for me) project will be started.  I have several things to finish.

Binding on Primitive Gobbler is nearing completion.

Still haven't started the binding on Jack's Crow.  Just not sure yet what I want to do.

Santa is not that big and I've worked on it daily, so why is it STILL not finished?  Then on to the binding.  

There are lots of piddly projects I hope to accomplish this month.  

I have wanted to do this Wool Horse Mat ever since it came out in the June 2009 issue of Create & Decorate magazine.  I sure do miss that publication!  I am stealing friend Kaye's idea and making it in to a frame cover.  (Thanks, Kaye!)

I have several small mats I want to hook.  A couple for gifts, a couple for me though I have really not decided on what they will be.  This is one I have decided on.  Look at this fun little rug hooked by friend Melissa.  She has the greatest primitive style.  Of course mine won't look like hers.  It is a free pattern called Scaredy Cat by Lindsay Bowles that can be found here.

I need to hook something fall-ish for my wood box.  Time to be rid of spring.

I also hope to hook a couple pumpkins with hand torn strips and a few acorns.  Oh, and a small applique pumpkin for a friend.  And another oh.  A little Rebekah L. Smith pumpkin applique kit I purchased last year, but it is currently MIA, so if I finally find it, that goes on the list, too 😏

Whew!  If I get half these things done I will be one happy camper.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

marie said...

Last month I made a list of what I wanted to finish for August----it worked everything got done and a few more started. It just "looks good" to see yellow highlighter crossing off something. So far I've got two of twelve done for Sept and I didn't write the list til Sept 2nd. That black cat with the pumpkin is too cute--I printed it off, my dearest friend has a black cat with a white chest-------this might get me started to hook again after 3 years.

Julia said...

What a cute Halloween cat rug. You may not have a big project in mind but you have quite a list.

We had a spell of real cold fall-like temperature and now it seemed to have warmed up again. We finally had a good soaking rain. Labor Day long weekend coming up.

Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Good heavens woman you wore me out with your list of things to do. Love that Horse pattern and hope it is in my stash...and it probably is but I'd hook it. Love that Witchy Cat design too.

acorn hollow said...

It sounds like you do not need not one more project! Such wonderful pieces. It is slow going for me on my halloween rug.
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I have the squirrel pattern that I bought from Notforgotten Farm now for years and still have not started on it. Once again it will not happen. Just too much on my plate now. Love that kitty! Have a great weekend! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

WELL...DANG! Your "to-so" list for the month is longer than what I would hope to accomplish all year. Over-achiever. I would be interested in hearing about your "framing" idea for the horse mat.... Cathy has framed several of her larger pieces and I love them...and thinking that is the only way I will be able to display the Beast (IF I ever get it finished), but dang....the thought of that is intimidating and then some. And Double Dang....Cathy isn't bribe-able. ;-) Good luck on the list...and happy holiday weekend. My shennanigans started off a bit painfully after an unexpected encounter with a tree. Ugh. ~Robin~

Farm Girl said...

I love that horse mat. I do miss that magazine too. I kept all of my old copies. I need to look through and see if I can find it. Wow!!! I hope you get it all done. That is quite a list. I have been trying to figure out why I can't seem to hit the ground running like I thought I would.
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and you don't labor too much.

Jacqueline said...

That is one long tdl.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Whew! That's quiet a list! I will look to you to inspire me to get busy and finish some/several projects.

Jennie in GA said...

Thanks for sharing the Scaredy Cat pattern. Now if I can get it drawn off and hooked.