Thursday, September 17, 2020

Half Over ~

 


Well, September is already half over.  WOW!

Last week was such a productive week, but this week I seem to be spinning my wheels and going nowhere.  I did get my Halloween decorations out.  I don't have much "fall" stuff, but Halloween is another story.  Why does one person have 5 large plastic tubs and one large box of Halloween?  


Many comments were made about my list from my last post.  I am a list maker.  I have a daily list, a weekly list, plus sticky notes on my lists and more lists hanging from the kitchen cupboard.  Some lists are hanging for a VERY long time, but they are a constant reminder of things that eventually need to be accomplished.

A few weeks ago I bought this little wooden tote at an antique shop.  I didn't need it (but I always say what does need have to do with it?), but it was a great price.


I think my Halloween noisemakers look pretty good in it.


Yesterday I headed two hours south to meet up with my dear college friend Wink.  The city where we meet also has one of my favorite antique shops.  I found this largish papier mache turkey to add to my collection and I couldn't resist the patriotic Thanksgiving postcard.


Then I agonized over this wooden tote/caddy.  I've never seen one like it before.  The bottom and two sides are tin.  How could I not bring it home with me . . . lol?


This guy has visited me twice in the sweet potato vine.  I am assuming it is the same guy, but I suppose all praying mantids (plural for mantis .  . . you learn something new every day!) look alike 😁



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

15 comments:

Saundra said...

I've always been envious of your paper mache' pumpkin collection. And once upon a time I'd have brought home everything you purchased too. BTW, those cute praying mantis bite and it hurts like heck!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I heartily approve of all your purchases. Fun and useful. I am a sucker for anything turkey as well.

acorn hollow said...

Nice purchases that tin one can hold a lot of wool strips lol. That last picture of that praying mantis is amazing! I have not pulled out one thing for fall yet I am hoping this is the weekend coming up. Love the turkey too.
Cathy

denise said...

Love that Turkey! The noise makers are perfect in the tote.🎃🦃

Farm Girl said...

My what big eyes you have grasshopper. :) I always love when you start getting all of your stuff out. Such amazing things you have collected. I have a small turkey collection. I love mine and I look forward to having them all out.
I also love that double tin bottomed tote. I love the other one too though. They are so cool.
I am a list maker as well. I would never get anything done if I didn't make lists.
I just love being able to check things off. I think that is what I love about your last post. The strike through of finished projects.

marly said...

I don't know how you found all those wonderful pieces, but I guess when you visit antique shops, it's possible. Living proof you are. Both carriers are nice but the tin, boom. What a great piece.

NMK said...

Love your pretty tote with the tin !!! I would Snag that too !!!! You have such a neat collection of pretty paper mache Halloween things ! I like all your lists too , what would we do without those ??? Have a nice weekend & maybe you can hook a little !!!

Julia said...

You do have a large collection of Halloween decorations. I lost a lot of mine in the flood and decided not to replace any of them and gave most of the rest to my granddaughter. She has three little ones who love Halloween stuff.

I have one turkey napkin holder but I prefer that turkey in my tummy at Thanksgiving, lol. I love food.

I can't believe we are already over halfway through September. Being busy, the time goes at a crazy speed.
Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

You have a lot of fun decorations, I do a bit of both and try to have more fun fall halloween, so I can leave it out all season.

Debbie

Patti said...

I love both your new totes! I can never pass one up at a good price either 😉

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, I can match you those 5 plastic totes and up you half a room more full. GAH! How did this happen??!!! And, ha! I collect old Halloween noisemaker too and display them in a very similar wooden tote. This is getting very, very, strange.... LOVE the tin tote!!! EEEK!!! ~ET~

newburyarts said...

Rule of thumb...as the saying goes...we are collectors ourselves and if something is screaming at you or is unusual...take it home. Otherwise it will keep calling for you once you leave and eventually from some other home. Antiques are persistent buggers and you can pretty much resell if necessary.
Enjoy it while you have it!!!

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! That tin/wood bin is lovely. I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. LOL I am not a holiday collector. I lost my Christmas ornaments for 10 years and didn't really get concerned. That being said, I am starting to run out room for my primitive stitching smalls. LOL We all have our weaknesses.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I LOVE those caddy's and think they are just the perfect display pieces!! You REALLY DID NEED IT and just didn't know!! Great for those noisemakers!!! Love the turkey and postcard, too!!
The praying mantis looks like he is posing for you and wants to make sure you got his "good" side!!!
Take care and have a great week!!!
P.S. I ALWAYS LOVE to see your Halloween collections!!!!!!

Jennie in GA said...

Every year when you drag those Halloween decorations out I just about swoon. They are amazing. And that last wooden tote with the tin. Thank goodness you didn’t pass it up! Great pics of your praying mantis. I have always thought that they were so cool.