Thursday, February 29, 2024

Why did it Take so Long?

~ HAPPY LEAP DAY ~

Geez.  I just don't know why it took so long to hook this sweet little sheep mat I have named Maria's Sheep?  It took a week to go from this . . . 

. . . to this.  The pattern is only 11" x 13"!!!

We are back to cold temps for a couple of days, then back to very spring like weather.  The winter aconite are blooming like crazy.  This was a couple days ago with warmer temperatures.


Today the snowdrops and aconite have closed their buds it only being 28*.


Daffodils are budding.  I cut the buds when they are just a few inches high.  Cut as close to the ground as you can.  It is amazing how much they will continue to grow once placed in water.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Love the aconite flowers. Never knew they existed. Is it considered a groundcover? The sheep look great and there's something to be said about smaller pieces vs. the runner I'm hooking. Your week's work looks monumental to my week's work.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Crikey...between you and Saundra, I feel like a total failure. What took so long...yeah right! Don't even ask how long it took me to finish my not-so-simple-for-me Simple Santa. Hrrrmmmph. Anyways...Your sheep looks adorable! As for weather - yeah, we were rudely thrown back into winter yesterday as well but hopefully we're back to a gradual warm up. I feel like I not only no longer know what season I'm in but not what climate I'm in either. Can't believe you have daffies already. Wow. I peek at mine (before the snow came in Tuesday night) thinking just maybe since it is on the sunny, south, side of my garage. But nope...neither hide nor hair. Guess they're smarter than I give them credit for. Happy Leap Day..... ~et~

NMK said...

Love your aconite flowers too ....wonder if they would like it here in New England ?
I Love your Cute Sheep !
Was 60 degrees here for a day and today it is bitter cold with wind chill ....crazy weather !

acorn hollow said...

We are losing snow each day. But today is freezing cold!! Back to the nice weather by the weekend.
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What a great sheep. I can smell those daffodils
from here! We seem far from flowers blooming.

marly said...

Great looking sheep didn't seem to take that long to me. Then again, I thought Wednesday was Sunday.

Prims By The Water said...

What a sweet sheep! No dafs here yet. Janice