Wednesday, January 3, 2024

They Know Me Well ~

I am truly blessed to have friends and a s-i-l who know me so well.  Look at these wonderful Christmas gifts I received that are so "me".

Another kugel (the red one).

Christmas book dated 1915.


More snowmen. 


A fun blue Santa (my first), Santa candy container and a large vintage cardboard house.


Another Santa wearing a velvet coat and a vintage framed postcard.

This amazing turned walnut bowl with a live edge.  I don't know what I did to deserve this!!!  (Lousy picture.  Gorgeous bowl.)

My bad luck with tree lights goes on.  Thankfully it was yesterday, but I had another tree go partially dark.  Not one of the trees was pre-lit as I've had issues with those in the past.  Aggravating nonetheless.

Lucky me, but I am in the process of un-decorating.  Not fun at all, but thankfully it comes down much more quickly, but it will still take me days.  Then when it is all put away, need to re-decorate almost the entire house.  Yup, as I've said before, I am my own worst enemy!

I am almost done binding the 1890 Rooster rug but still don't have my next hooking project lined up.  I went through my pattern stash that is already on linen and did pull a little Cammie Bruce deer that should be a no brainer (but every time I think that I have issues 😖) or I could dig out one of my works in progress.  I do have several, a couple from years ago.  Decisions, decisions.

Hope your new year is off to a great start.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Off to put more Christmas stuff in boxes.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

6 comments:

Saundra said...

Nice gifts you received, and what a beautiful work of art in that bowl and have the bark on the edge. Wowser!
You'll probably have your Cammie deer all done and ready for binding before I'm done hooking this sheep.

Betty said...

The process of undecorating is kind of a pain but also a last look at all the treasures until next time. All you have shared are so wonderful. I am like you I am waffling between what to do next. Whatever we choose it's a step forward. Cheers! Betty

NMK said...

Wow ...Wonderful gifts !!!! I am only putting Cmas things away & will leave snowmen up and my Cmas tree with just the lights ....just love the little lights .
Cammie's little deer will be a fun project to do to get you back into the swing of hooking !!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I actually enjoy both the decorating and the undecorating...but only once a year lol
beautiful gifts you have received!

Julia said...

You are indeed well-loved by many. Beautiful gifts. It's easy to buy for a collector.

I still have my tiny bits of Christmas decor up but I'm not even concerned as it will take me about 10 to 15 minutes to get my house back in order and I can use the slack...
Your decors are always very beautiful.
Take care. Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

You have some great friends...and the gifts they gifted with you are perfectly perfect. Of course I love the ornament...but that Santa candy container and vintage house would like find themselves in my luggage were I to ever visit. ;-) Ahhh, Christmas lights. Sigh. I only had one small tree with lights up...and then my lights on my cornzebo. Both went out when I turned them on on Christmas. Seriously? How sad is that. ~Robin~