Monday, January 22, 2024

Rudie ~

 

At long last I started hooking something other than hearts.  I am out of the heart business for the year 😝

Rudie, a pattern by Cammie Bruce of Baskets of Wool, has been sitting out for weeks waiting to be started.  I just need something mindless and I hope this will do the trick.  It is only 14" x 17" so shouldn't take me forever . . . but stranger things have happened.  I have several large-for-me rugs started at various rug classes over the last 6-7 years (maybe more???) that I really should decide to work on.  One was for a Christmas gift from about 5 years ago . . . lol.  OOPS!

I have a small walk in closet in the hooking room.  It has looked like an episode from the hoarders.  I failed to take a "before" but this is what the hooking room looked like after taking stuff out of the closet.  It was worse than it appears in the picture!  I hope to get it semi-organized.  I bought a couple more shelves.  I didn't measure exactly . . . just figured I had plenty of room.  WHEW!  If the shelves were 1/2" longer, they would not have fit.  I am finding things that haven't seen the light of day in years.  Maybe if I can get it half way organized I will be able to find something when I am looking for it.  Some stuff is leaving the house!!!  But of course not enough.  I am doing a little each day.  I am not one to tackle such a project all in one day.

USPS raised their rates again today.  OUCH!  

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's your hooking room?? Wow...what an amazing space! (Yes, I am very adept at not seeing "stuff" that belongs someplace else...I live it every day LOL). Must be a nice-sized closet. Rudi is going to be adorable. So weird...Mummy D is working on a stag, I am working on a stag, and you're going to be working on Rudi. Oh deer! Have a good Monday...I'm procrastinating putting off reviewing tons of paperwork for a meeting tomorrow that I have had months to go through. Why do I do this to myself??? ~Robin~

Saundra said...

I'm familiar with the overwhelming feeling of trying to organize over-stuffed spaces or really unorganized as mine often gets. I'll be!!!!! I see the bird rug in the foreground and don't remember you buying that pattern. Either you purchased it before I could connect people w ith their blog or someone else was selling the pattern too.
Yes, just learned USPS increased prices today as well.
My hooking room happens to be the living room, lol. But the wool and pattern drawing room, OH MY! What a disaster that gets far too often.
Rudi will be happy you chose him and we're looking forward to seeing him grow.

NMK said...

Rudi will be a fun hooking project , he is so cute ! Cammie's patterns are just fun to hook !
You have a Wonderful workroom ! It looks bright and lots of space to spread out !!! Fun to discover hidden treasures while you rearrange things !

acorn hollow said...

I do like her patterns I am working on a larger rug you know me go big or go home lol.
Such a job to do but you do feel so much better about things after. And it is nice to find things when you want them
Cathy

Julia said...

WOW! I don't know what you call a small closet but woman, that's a lot of stuff. lol...

Your hooking room looks so large and well-lit with a comfy couch and lots of beautiful rugs. I have a relatively large hooking area but my table is full of wool and very untidy. I spread wool and hooking stuff on there, started hooking, and then got too busy to hook and a few months later, the mess is still there and I haven't progressed on my rug.

Rudie might be a pattern bought years ago but he will be new to us. Go girl go, hook away.
Hugs, Julia

susan hemann said...

Oh wow, lots of work ahead. I'm constantly rearranging my stuff. I think it's a disease. Maybe I think all those projects I haven't finished will somehow disappear.
I have a quilt I almost finished 8 years ago!! It only needs the binding. Simple right? It has now become a monster in my closet. You seem to have finished a lot of projects!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

your room is beautiful! ~ we need 'stuff' towork on, but I do know the feeling of having too much stuff...I say it every year, each spring I tackle one room at a time.
{rudie is a cutie} ;)

marly said...

Love Rudie, his name suits him. Adorable!! Nice basket sitting in the midst of your closet contents.

Prims By The Water said...

No judging here as I have a few closets where I have no idea what is in them anymore. LOL Janice