Saturday, January 13, 2024

Junk Journal ~


My junk journal has been a little slow going, but I did get the journal sewn together with one signature.  I equate a signature to being a chapter in a book.  You can have as few or as many as you wish and can have as many pages as desired in a signature.

My cover is a piece of an old cutter quilt that was given to us by Linda who is teaching.  The quilt was beyond repair so we were able to use that for our cover if desired.  I added bits of coffee dyed lace, buttons, etc, which helps to hide the holes.

The front ~


Do you recognize the round "picture frame"?  Remember the crochet pulls on a string from the old fashioned window shades?  That is what I used.  The heart was fussy cut from a strip of lace and the thin piece of lace was purchased at Dollar Tree and coffee stained.


The back ~ another piece of fussy cut lace.


Here are a few pages I completed ~ on my own 😁  I think my journal will be much more simplistic than many I have seen.  Mostly stained, primitive looking items and not at all artsy fartsy.


This page is actually an envelope and where the red tab is on the right you can put little treasures in the "pocket".


Love the paisley.



The inside front cover is a piece of card stock I rust dyed.  Today at class Linda showed us how she rust dyes items . . . fabric, lace, paper, rick rack, etc.  I can't wait to see the results.  I need to find more rusty stuff to use.


My granddog Kali.  Son J and girlfriend took a weekend trip to Kentucky.  Of course they picked the coldest weekend so far this winter to have me dogsit, but seriously I can't complain about our winter so far.  It does me good to go for a walk - even a short one - in the cold.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

moosecraft said...

Nice journal! That looks to be a relaxing craft....but I don't need another hobby! lol! Going to Michael's this morning for a storage box for more fabric...quilting really has taken over...it's more of a lifestyle than a hobby at the moment...sure would be nice if it was a career! $$$ :-)

Saundra said...

Aren't you the multi talented crafter!
Don't know about you, but each time I became interested in an other craft I went gungho buying every possible toy/tool necessary.

acorn hollow said...

I really like your junk journal great ideas as you go along!
Sweet dog I am sure she is happy to be with you
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am LOVING your journal!! I don't know where I got the notion, but I was thinking the first time you talked about the class it was a 1-class deal. So much better this way as I am sure the ideas and creativity keep sparking. My very favorite thing, though, is the round little "picture frame." Too sweet! Kali couldn't be in better hands, I'm sure. Just be careful of the leashes. ;-) Stay warm...it's brutal out there. ~Robin~

Julia said...

You did a great job on your Junk Journal. Your pages are full of very old things and it's just up your alley.
I'm like Saundra. Every time I started a new hobby I went gungho on it too and bought every tool. I don't need a new hobby as I don't have much spare time to work on it but it's fun trying something new.
Take care. Hugs,
Juia

Prims By The Water said...

I do remember those shade pulls. You did a great job on your journal! Kali is a cutie, but hope it is not as cold down there as it is up here. The high today was only 13. BRRR Janice

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful journal! I have a few of the old crocheted shade pulls here somewhere...
love all the fabrics and stitching! cold here, and almost 4" of snow :)

marly said...

I love it!! How many years I've been planning to make one of my own. And have not as yet! Lots of ideas from yours, thank you, and that crocheted pull is the bomb!!

NMK said...

Lots of pretty pieces for your journal ! I wish I had some of those old shade pulls , they are neat ! Have fun with you Puppy guest !