Saturday, December 16, 2023

Not a Happy Camper ~

I guess that's what I get for bragging that I am ready for Christmas 😒  One of my 3' trees had the bottom third of the lights die last week.  I was able to add a small strand without having to remove too many ornaments.  Yesterday when I got home from dinner out, my 3' Santa tree was half dark.  Oh, did I say some bad words.  (That is a statement, not a question!)  I did not have another small strand of lights to try to add, so had to remove all the ornaments and the lights.  

I did have a 100 light strand to add, but I just couldn't deal with it last night.  Here it is re-decorated today.


Some of my favorite ornaments.

From dearest college friend Wink
Received in 1988

Still wearing his "occupied Japan" tag

Hand carved Santa from long time friend Chris

Painted by sweet friend Julia in SC. 
She gathered the shells on the beach at Edisto Island.

Figural light bulb Santa

Santa on a swing.  Painted by my mom.
She loved this little guy.

On a positive note, I did find the missing wool I need for my 1890 Rooster rug.  I must have used all that I originally cut off the big piece, but did end up finding more of it in one of my wool cupboards.  At least that made me happy.  

Maybe one of these days you will see a rug update.  I really don't have that much more to hook on it, so maybe one of these days I will have more than a few minutes to sit and hook.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Oh I'm sure you had a few choice words to say, lol. Now you've reminded me why I don't put up a tree other than the SMALL feather tree I made. And it doesn't have lights. Your special ornaments were nice but the favorite is the Santa on swing your mom made.
Looking forward to your finish.

NMK said...

Oh I would have been crying and every word would be awful !!! Soap in the Mouth !! But that is my favorite word these days ! It expresses my frustration perfectly ! LOL !!!
You have wonderful ornaments , my Mother's handmade ornaments mean the world to me too .
That is pretty wool you were lucky to find for your rug ...will be so pretty !

Prims By The Water said...

UGH on the lights. That would make me mad too and I am knocking on wood mine dont go out now. Your Santa tree is the BONB! I would be beyond mad at your situation... Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

It's dark here in Nod...but at least there are no lights to go out this year. You have a great collection of Santa ornies. I'd be able to remember who they came from, but never the year. Impressive. ~Robin~

Julia said...

I can understand the frustration... Those Christmas lights can be a bit of a headache sometimes. Your little Santa tree looks awesome with the homemade Santas.

Take Care. Hugs,
Julia

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful tree! love all of your special Santa ornaments too <3
happy you found your wool for your rooster rug! happy hooking!

marly said...

I love that Santa tree. Dammit. Now I won't stop thinking about getting my ornaments out. Of course it won't be as wonderful since I don't have old or collectable items for it, and then I'll be crabby and not happy with it.