Thursday, December 14, 2023

Another Cross Stitch Finish ~


Whenever I find little wooden boxes and such for a good price, I buy them with the intention of adding cross stich, punch needle, etc., to the top.  I have plenty of boxes but this is the first time I have actually used one.


A sweet little dome top box missing its escutcheon.  The inside has some bright green velvet rather poorly added but I left it as is.


I stitched this fun little Santa a few years ago.  Pattern is by Lori Brechlin of NotForgottenFarm.  You can find her here on etsy.  It was the perfect fit for the little box.  I have never glued a piece of cross stitch before, but I am pleased with my results.  Another gift to cross off my list!


My Samsung dishwasher door replacement saga continues.  The bottom line is that they assured me the door was in only to cancel because it was not.  Rescheduled and I did not even get a courtesy call to tell me they were not coming.  Of course you can't talk with a supervisor, they just connect you to Samsung who after a half hour on the phone tells you the part is backordered and they have no idea when it will be in.  The last person I spoke with was still playing the pandemic card.  ARGH!!!

But the good news is that Christmas is in 11 days and I think I am ready.  That has never happened before, but I must be forgetting something major that should be on one of my many lists...lol.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

CindyD said...

Been following your dishwasher saga - at this point I would be insisting to Samsung and the dealer that you get a replacement dishwasher installed at their cost or you would contact a lawyer and the state consumer affairs department. Enough is enough!

Saundra said...

Sorry that saga is still ongoing.
Well, per that last picture, I've been meaning to talk to you about your attitude, LOL.

marly said...

That stitch is perfect on the box. Rarely does that happen to me. I stitched that design too, it's in a pile to fully finish.

Did the contractor get the DW or did you buy it? Usually there is an alternate panel behind the installed one. Maybe the seller is willing to switch a stainless panel from a floor model?

Saundra said...

You did a great stitchery and perfect size for the box. The recipient will be very lucky and happy.

Julia said...

You did an amazing job of using that cute cross stitch on that little wooden box. It looks perfect.

So sorry about that dishwasher door. This is very unacceptable. Yay, for you to be ready for Christmas.

My brother-in-law died and so we are dealing with this. Take care. I'll keep in touch.

Hugs, Julia


TheCrankyCrow said...

What a sweet little finish. It will make such a precious gift. I'll have to scout out that design...sometime. Nary a Christmas stitch got taken here. It makes me sad. Bummer about the dishwasher.... I know your frustration too well. This will be my 3rd winter without a fireplace. And, to top things off, I've had not 1, but 4 furnaces go out on me in the past month...three in the past 2 weeks alone. Plus a refrigerator door light and a printer. Not sure who hexed me, but it's packing a wallop. ~Robin~

NMK said...

Your cross stitch looks so pretty on the box !

I would try to get a totally new dishwasher at this point ....UGH !!!

Sweet Sue said...

Hi - Great lil box, love your finish! Happy Holidays :)

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful piece you made! That is a great gift.
I still have a couple of things but on is not due until after Christmas.
Cathy

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your box piece turned out great! Well done you! The last person who played the pandemic card with me. . .I told them it was accountability issue which began and ended with them! Ahhhhhhh

Prims By The Water said...

Sweet cross stitch you stitched. I started 2 small Christmas ones and finished neither of them. Shooting for next year now. Janice