Monday, February 27, 2023

And Now There Are Four ~

 

Gypsy has been bound.  It was bound in one of the wools used in the background.  One down, four to go 😁  The four have been trimmed, steamed and the edges zigzagged (I don't have a serger).  Thankfully they are smaller than Gypsy.

In October I am vending at a show that is not a hook in.  I am determined not to wait until the last minute to make non-hooking related items.  (Or did I already tell you that?)  I did make 15 wool wreaths.  All that's left is to add a bow.  It's a start!

Did you know that black dogs are usually the last to be adopted from a shelter?

And speaking of black dogs, Molly is still seizure free, but is having great difficulty walking.  It is just heartbreaking to see her dragging herself across the floor.  That gray face just melts my heart.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren


9 comments:

Saundra said...

You work on projects on the side that we don't know about and you get a lot accomplished. Hope you get that pile of 'to be bound' rugs finished.

Julia said...

Your rugs are so beautiful. I just love those colors. You'll be busy. Smarty pants, you are getting ahead of the game. Sweet little wool wreaths.

Poor little Miss Molly. She has a face that melts everyone's heart. Are you taking her with you to the vending event? I'm glad that she's been seizure free.

A good sale pitch to adopt a black dog. I didn't know that about black dogs being the last to be adopted. It doesn't sounds fair.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

JustGail said...

I knew black cats are slow to be adopted, didn't know it also applied to dogs.
Glad Molly is still seizure free. Too bad about the walking though, maybe she needs a set of wheels? Or a pair of leggings so they slide easier on the floor and her legs don't get rubbed raw. It might be a good project for a science club at school? Or a 4H project.
I like those wreaths.

Farm Girl said...

Your rugs are lovely. I didn't know that about black dogs.
I am glad she is doing a bit better.
I finished my big wool rug and now I need to get it bound.
I hope you have a lovely day.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I adore those little wool wreaths! I'll take one in each color. 😉 Well, I still haven't started binding anything...nor resolved my hooking funk. I don't know what it is. Perhaps a completely new project is in order. It seemed to help a bit with the stitching mojo... Fingers crossed that that, at least, holds. Poor Miss Molly...I know that feeling of being helpless to help them. But thankful for the good news on the seizures. Fingers crossed that that, too, will hold. ~Robin~

NMK said...

Love those wreaths !!! The will be a Hit !!!Miss Molly , what a sweetie !!!

Prims By The Water said...

We always had black dogs growing up and yes I knew that black dogs are the last to be adopted. Such a shame. I so think those lil wool wreaths will be a hit! Do share some when finished. Hope Molly is seizure free now, but still in my prayers. She has such a sweet face. Janice

acorn hollow said...

I am working on binding a rug now I refuse to start anything else until these two rugs are bound.
Poor Molly,
cathy

marly said...

What a sweet photo of Miss Molly. And I'm very impressed with your jump start for a fall show. Long way off but once summer arrives, time flies.