Friday, March 3, 2023

Back to . . .

Love Birds, an antique adaptation, is a rug I started last June in a class with Sally Kalin.  It had barely been touched since then, but it is finally time to finish it.  I was smart and did not "borrow" any of the wool to use on another project, but it was still hard to get a grip on what needed to be done.  I completed the hooking of bird #2 and now only have background left (other than a little tweaking), and I do like hooking background.  Hopefully this will be done sooner rather than later.

Next week the $20 Hookers are meeting for a few days so I need to plan my projects to take.  Maybe the hooking on Love Birds will be done so I can work on the binding.

Another RAINY day in Ohio . . . but you don't have to shovel rain.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

The colors in this one are very prim indeed! It started snowing here this afternoon and we might get 10 inches. Would rather have rain. Have fun at your hooking club! Janice

Saundra said...

I'd forgotten you started that. And totally understand the lost/out of sync feeling and that's why I HATE putting rugs on the backburner for too long. At least you didn't borrow the wool which would really make for a worse scenario. How many other UFOs are there before you go to your class with Kris?

Julia said...

I had forgotten about that one too. Out of sight, out of mind. A wise choice to not borrow wool till it's done. At least, you're planning of finishing it before your next hookin. Have fun.
Hugs, Julia

marly said...

We have a flooded yard and horizontal wind chimes. Fabulous birds.

Sue Swank said...

Hope you get your bird rug completed, it'll be so pretty. What's your new project?? Have fun at the retreat.

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful rug! and I love the 20.00 dollar hookers lol. Have fun.
I did just get back in from shoveling hopefully we can move to spring now
Cathy

NMK said...

Love your rug & your colors are so pretty ....have fun with your $20.00 rug hooking group , sounds fun ! Still Winter here ....thankfully March snow melts pretty fast !!!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful antique style rug, will be nice to finish. I still have ones I need to fix and bind, haven't had time to hook lately.

Debbie