Thursday, February 16, 2023

Miscellaneous Stuff ~

Like Saundra, I just have miscellaneous stuff to blog about 😇

We, too, have had some very spring like weather and you will get no complaints from me.  It is fun to walk around the flower beds and see what is peeking out.  The snowdrops have been above ground for the last month and they, along with the winter aconite, were blooming yesterday.  Daffodils have buds and the hyacinth are beginning to emerge.


Yesterday Molly enjoyed soaking up some sunshine.

Since passing on the raffle rug to the next hooker, I am back to "my" hooking.  This October I am vending at a show that is not a hook in, so want to hook a few small mats to hopefully sell.  Two pumpkins with hand torn strips are hooked . . . 

. . . and the hooking is nearly complete on this little hit or miss mat.

Photo bomber 😁

I finally finished the hooking on Gypsy, started last May at Cedar Lakes rug camp.  All I had left was about 15 minutes of reverse hooking.  The rug is OK, not one of my favorites (but they all can't be, right?).   Now on to steaming and binding.  I find steaming as tedious as the binding.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

NMK said...

Miss Molly looks so comfy on your new pretty rug !!! Your Pumpkins are so nice ! Good to get then done now !!!
I Love those pretty Snow Drop flowers ,,,I have to get some ! A few plants trying to poke thru the earth here , but I put more mulch on them to protect them . We could have a few cold nights .
Your big rug is a Beauty !!!

Julia said...

I love your early spring flowers. You are way ahead of us for spring growth.

Little Miss Molly looks adorable sitting on your new rug. My goodness, how did you get all those rows to evenly match the whole pattern. Your new hit-and-miss is looking.
fabulous. I don't mind sewing the binding but it's the whipping that I dread. I'm whipping mine but just can stand to whip a little at a time. I'm so not in a rush unlike years ago when I would work at it feverishly til it was done.

Happy hooking.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Your rug finish looks great and perfect loops as always. You do wonderful pumpkins and hearts yet your hit and miss has caught my eye. Is that rug warp beside Molly and the folded rug?

TheCrankyCrow said...

You are the queen of hooked hears and pumpkins.... I think Gypsy turned out great - but I know about the "favorites" thing. I am still in my funk and my hooking is suffering - I keep toying with scrapping the entire new project I started (thinking it would be too painful to rip everything I've already hooked out), but then think I should just keep going whether I like it or not so I can move on. We must have had some warmer temps while I was gone as we did lose some snow but today was cold again...and tonight we are back to single digits. Winter sucks. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

Sweet Molly with her gray face. You have been busy. I have to steam my witch I have been going over her and fixing little spots here and there and then I have 2 large rugs to bind ugg.
So nice to see flowers we are still snow covered but it is going fast with the warm weather we have been having
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute photo bomber! Agree with Robin that you are the queen of hearts and pumpkins. I so do love Gypsy and your new hit or miss. Janice

Farm Girl said...

Its so nice to see what you have been working on. Sweet Mollie.
I think we are having your winter. I can't believe all the flowers you have up! We are still having winter.
I am enjoying it.
I was just checking on you. With all of the news talking about Ohio.
Have a lovely weekend.
Kim