Wednesday, February 22, 2023

And Then There Were Five ~

I suddenly went from having no rugs to bind to FIVE.  Argh.  The two pumpkins . . . 

. . . and two small hit and miss mats.  The mat to the right was also hooked with worms except for the black. 

Gypsy.  

Plus soon Fierce Lion will need binding, too.  I suppose it is a terrible problem to have 😁  My goal is to bind for at least 1/2 hour every day, and even doing that will take quite some time to finish them.

Thank you for all your comments on the cluster in East Palestine.  Several of you are no-reply bloggers, so I was unable to personally respond, but please know I appreciate the comments.  I am just gobsmacked that our president could fly to the Ukraine and give them another half billion dollars in aid, but do nothing for the citizens of our country.  Shouldn't they come first?

Molly is still doing good . . . fingers crossed, though yesterday she was having much difficulty walking.  I took her antiquing Saturday, so she got to be a diva in her pink stroller.  Let me tell you.  It absolutely wore her out.  It is hard being that cute.  We got to DSO's about 6:15 pm and the only time she moved a muscle was to swallow her meds and go potty.

SSHHHH!  Today I took her to the hooking guild meeting at the library.  Overall she was good but if I left her sight, she started yipping.  She was once again the belle of the ball.  She rarely laid down but just happened to be prone when I snapped this picture.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Saundra said...

OMG, I'm so IN LOVE with the rug on the right!!!! But of course all your loops are perfect and everything is fantastic. But that one made my heart go pitter patter.
Sorry about Molly's health issues but at least you can put her small size in a stroller. No way I could have done that with any of my Rottweilers or Shadow the Rottie/Shephard mix. Yet I sure do miss having a furry companion.

NMK said...

Love all your hooking projects ! You are lucky you can take Miss Molly with you ! Good Luck binding your pretty projects !!!

acorn hollow said...

I feel so sorry for those people where all those chemicals were burned. I would not feel safe either. Your rugs are wonderful as always. I have 2 large rugs to bind and I am stitching. You would think I was retired with all kinds of time!
I bet Molly loved her outings
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

OOOOoooo! Love each and every one of these! I have never had 3 rugs to bind, but I do now....although I don't think the Beast will ever get bound or framed or whatever I thought was going to happen. Like I've said, I love whipping a rug, but I am preferring the wool edge finish lately and that process is not as enjoyable to me. I will try to force myself to finish at least one after my current stitching project....maybe. I wish I knew what happened to my days and nights. Awww...love Miss Molly's ride. Of course she's the belle of ball! ~Robin~

Julia said...

Molly rides in a posh carriage and I'm not surprised that she gets all the attention where ever she goes with you. She's truly your baby and she knows it.

Your rugs are all beautiful and you have the plan to finish them. Mine is still half-whipped and I'm in no rush. I usually don't mind whipping but this time it's different.

I think I found a pattern I want to hook next but I need to get some cartridges of black and color ink for my old printer first. I bet they've gone up in price since I last bought some.


Hugs,
Julia

marly said...

Hooking work looks great. But come on, a pug in a pink stroller? She wins.

Prims By The Water said...

Aaww how cute she has a pink stroller. Loving all of your rugs! Cannot wait to see what's on your frame next. I feel so bad for the East Palestine residents. I did hear they were moving the toxic waste to Texas, so hopefully it wont be in someone else's backyard. Janice

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’m convinced that no matter who is in office the plight of some small town with no clout in Washington is considered a minor irritant. Justice is a rare word. On a brighter note your colours are so awesome. Yesterday I hooked with a friend who was ecstatic because it was time to whip her rug. I want to be transported in that stroller!!!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful rugs and I like your pumpkins, that would be fun to do, for table trivets.
I also live near a track and a school is on them, can't imagine if something like that happened.
I am at the point where I would be happy living somewhere far away from towns, in the woods by a lake.

Debbie