Wednesday, January 11, 2023

So Gloomy ~

The house looks so gloomy with many hundreds of little white lights no longer brightening up the home.  I keep silicone candle lights in some of the windows and others sitting on tables, on the bathroom vanity, etc., year round, but it is not the same.  In a couple weeks it will all look "normal" again.

All of the Christmas stuff has been hauled up two flights of stairs to the attic except for the big tree and the tinsel tree that half died . . . oh, and one other 3' one.  But . . . I keep finding things I missed!  Next task is to re-decorate, a major undertaking.  Half the battle is figuring out where I put everything.  Things were stored in the attic, in the basement, in cupboards and a couple bowls of stone fruit are even sitting under a bed 😬

Little progress has been made on the raffle rug, but I am also hooking a small heart mat to gift to a friend's daughter. For you non-hookers, the row with the alternating colors is a technique called beading.  I love the look but have only done it a few times and find it very cumbersome.  With this being such a small piece (approximately 10" x 11") I will persevere.

Not much else is happening in my little corner of the world.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

Saundra said...

You have such a beautiful heart, literally and figuratively. The beading adds to it's beauty.

Julia said...

I agree with Saundra. You have a beautiful heart in more ways than one. The beading looks a bit tedious but it really adds interest to the border.

I still need to box my nativity but somehow it's still on my buffet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll put it away.
Take care,
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

☝🏻☝🏻 Yup, what those two said.....about the heart. And you do the bestest hearts. I love the look of beading too...and since I'm a tedious kind of hooker, I don't find it any more tedious than other hooking. At least I don't have to think what color I should put where. 😂 I had put out my little window seat tree and even littler kitchen and laundry room trees before I knew what this Christmas would turn into and I still have them out and still turn the lights on. Part of me thinks they should be packed away so I can put this Christmas and its sadness behind me, but somehow I haven't managed it...and I love the warmth of the lights. We've had such horribly gloomy weather. I am impressed that you have room under your bed for a bowl of stone fruit.... If you ever come to visit, please don't look under my beds. 😳 ~et~

acorn hollow said...

You are right that beading is tedious, but it always looks so wonderful. I didn't put much out this year so no big change for me. I would like to toss everything out in the yard and only put back what I truly want. It seems like all I do is dust vacuum and wipe down. I need to streamline things, I think.
Cathy

JustGail said...

I don't know that I've ever had a year where I didn't miss putting something away. Usually it's something small and in an out of the way place. This year it was the big fake deer head front and center on the living room wall. Finding the normal items to put back out isn't a problem, as those things go into the decoration boxes.

I like the beading on the heart. Well worth the work, but I'm not sure I'd be thrilled to do it on a larger item either.

Prims By The Water said...

This is why I keep my living room tree up with just the lights. Takes away from the nighttime gloominess. I absolutely love this heart rug and the colors you chose! Janice

NMK said...

Love your pretty heart with the beading !!! It is a very dreary , gloomy , yucky day here as well . We got a dusting of snow , then rain & fog ....depressing !

marly said...

I like the look of that technique. Sweet heart!

Farm Girl said...

I do like the way it looks though. I really do like the heart.
It is sad when the lights get put away. I kept one strand out for those days which seems like most right now,so it isn't so dark.
We have another huge storm coming in today until Tuesday. Its really been a different kind of year so far.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I love the beading and I too find it tedious. This is a lovely gift. My extra light source is a candle in the evenings

WoolenSails said...

I still have to take my things down, just lazy this week. I enjoy doing small projects, in between the larger ones, nice to have something to finish.

Debbie