Sunday, January 15, 2023

Miss Molly ~

My poor baby.  On Thursday, she had a seizure, the first since I adopted her almost three and a half years ago.  I rushed her to the vet where she had more.  They sedated her, intubated her and God only know what else.  They said I could take her home, but if she had another to take her immediately to the emergency vet clinic.  Sadly, within the hour she was rushed there.  They said sudden seizures are not uncommon in older dogs.  She is 12ish.  She spent 2 days in ICU.  Here she is one of the times I visited her.  She looks good in the picture but she was highly drugged 😢

As I stated previously, Molly has pug myelopathy, hence the funny way she sits.  Her back legs are weak and they go out from under her often, especially on smooth surfaces.


She is now home.  They cannot determine what caused the seizures, but thankfully has not had one in two and a half days.  She came home on a boatload of meds (7) and two of them may be forever.  I had to make out a spreadsheet to keep them all straight.  1/2 pill, whole pill, 1, 2 or 3 times a day, certain ones with food, etc.   Argh!  After having been sedated/crated (I never crated her) for two days, she has no strength in her legs and can barely walk.  Hopefully she will regain the use of them.  Please keep her in your prayers!

I finished hooking my heart.  Now on to the dreaded binding, but it being small should not be too bad.  I would like to get it mailed off in a few days.

This just absolutely cracked me up!


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sorry to hear about Molly, I am sure that was scary. We had that happen with our other Border, it was a heart attack, sadly. Bean has what is called, Border Collie Collapse. If he plays too hard, he starts stumbling around and bumping into things, no idea what causes it. The rug came out beautifully, I am sure she will love it.

Debbie

Julia said...

So sorry about all of Molly's health problems. That is a lot of medications, poor little girl and poor you. I agree, it must have been very scary to witness.
My daughter Christine took in her uncle's cat after he went into a nursing home. The cat is severely diabetic and she has to monitor and treat it. The cat is now doing so much better. I hope Molly too will improve with your good care.

Your heart rug looks amazing with that border. Lucky recipient.

We are having freezing rain hitting my window. I probably won't get a good night's sleep with all that noise.

Love that cartoon. Take care.
Hugs, Julia

Take care.

Jo said...

I am sorry to hear Molly is having health problems! So scary, I feel for her & you! I hope she continues to improve!

Prims By The Water said...

Oh I sure hope Molly gets better. Prayers for her. I would need to write everything down too with that many meds. Your latest heart is so very "SWEET" and perfect for Valentine's! Janice

acorn hollow said...

So very sorry for Sweet Molly's health issues. Besides the stress the money is horrible.hat
What a lovely gift someone is getting. I love the beading.
sending a hug
Cathy

Saundra said...

Hope Molly continues to improve and gets strength back on her legs. Not sure I mentioned this before, but both Shumba and Panzer in later years required us to use a hand held home made sling under the belly to assist in their walking. Of course it was most effective with the female body.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

The photo of her looking drugged but so trusting makes me teary. I am glad she’s home with mama now. 🙏🏻

NMK said...

Hope Molly feels better each day , poor baby & poor Momma , all those prescriptions can get crazy ! We had a chart to keep track of our poor blind dog for eye drops all day long , that was challenging ! Its good you can be home with Molly .

Love your Heart & that joke cartoon was great !!! Take care ....

JustGail said...

Oh No! I hope the new medications help Molly soon. I too had to make a chart when I gave pets medications. Everything from OTC ear mite medicine to antibiotics and such that needed given multiple times a day got a chart.
DH just got 1 cataract done, and in the after care packet was a chart for his eye drops, so it's a good idea for pets and people.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm still praying for sweet Molly....so glad it the seizures seem to be controlled, but I know the leg issue. That heart is amazing! The giftee is going to be so incredibly happy. Love the funny. 🤣 ~Robin~

marly said...

Oh no no no. Poor Miss Molly and her hu-mom. I hope the meds keep her a happy comfy gal.

My friend just spent close to 2 grand on three days at a clinic and with all the tests, no answers for her cat. I said it's exactly the same symptoms as my brother's cat, UTI!! I also told her about a pet chiropractor (we used one) because her old boy was becoming unable to walk. Bingo. He's running around after two treatments and diagnosed from this doc by a simple urine test with a UTI!! Needless to say, friend is ticked. Sounds like you have a great vet. Hope you don't have any more emergencies.