Sunday, January 8, 2023

Raffle Rug Confusion ~

I am still working a bit on the Crooked River raffle rug and will be until the meeting later in the month.  I guess I wasn't too clear about the rug.  There is only one rug being worked on and upon completion, the guild will be selling raffle tickets.  I will post ticket purchase information when the time comes, hopefully in April.  One lucky winner will be chosen at our hook in this September.

Progress so far.  I am almost done with the pumpkins and will work on the center leaves next.

Well . . . tinsel tree #2 has decided to have a light malfunction.  I am not a happy camper, but am thankful it waited until today.  I don't know if anyone has ever had luck getting a light strand to work again.  I know I have not.  I need to make myself a note . . . and hopefully remember where I put the note . . . to deal with this before next Christmas.  Damn!

I know I ask the question every year.  Am I undecorating or dedecorating?  Well spell check doesn't like dedecorating so I guess I am undecorating 😁.  Thankfully the decorations come down much more quickly than they go up, but I have a loooong way to go.  Once everything is boxed, the trips to the attic begin once again.  Then I will need to figure out where I put the stuff that is normally out . . . and the redecorating will begin.  Why am I my own worst enemy?

Time to pack up more Santas.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I hate dealing with those lights.
Good luck packing it all away.
Wonderful rug
Cathy

Julia said...

Maybe the pre-lit Christmas tree lights don't last because of where they are made. 85 % of artificial Christmas trees are made in China by cheap labor. That's why I will not buy another. I bought one for my daughter and the lights didn't last either.

I took down some decorations but the tree and the nativity are still standing. It hasn't been a priority. I dread hauling all those big crates all the way to the basement. I have to climb on a stepping stool to reach the top shelves. The tree will come down on Monday. Take care with those precious ornaments.

The Pumpkin rug looks wonderful. Have a great week.
Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

Hope you can replace the strand of light ! Every year when I put Cmas away , I try to arrange things & label boxes , so when I'm no longer here , my daughter will know why certain things are so special ....She may have some choice words for me though !!!LOL

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’d love a couple raffle tickets when they come available. Nice rug indeed!! Cmas lights made me pull my hair out 😉

Prims By The Water said...

UGH I hate when that happens with the lights and I dont know how to fix them either. I just buy new ones at the dollar store when they come out. Your rug is looking mighty fine! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Nope...I have never ever managed to get a strand of lights to work again despite all the testing kits and what'not´s Íve tried. I, personally, believe that the Grinch has something to do with it. This year, I forgot to cancel the person we used to have put up the outdoor lights (no indoor tree here again) and she came and put some up. The first strand went out 2 days later...then each week another went until all the was lit was the umbrella tree and the ¨south¨end of the reindeer. Then the lights I had on the cornzebo started going out...and now is completely dark. Talk about zapping what little Christmas spirit I had. Yikes. Great progress on the raffle rug. Is each participating hooker responsible for particular areas/amounts of hooking? Or you just hook when/what you can until your next meeting and the next person takes over? I know, I know...always a question...or more. ~Robin~