Sunday, January 24, 2021

This 'n That on Sunday ~

 

I have been working on a little freebie Valentine cross stitch.  It will be about 3 1/2" x 5" when complete.  I am stitching it on a piece of mystery 30 count linen found in the closet.  WOW!  After stitching on 36 and 40 count linen, this 30 count is easy peasy.  I don't think I am a "higher count" kind of gal.


I thought I would show you the wool I used to hook my snowman's face.  It is a great "dirty" color.  It is from The Wool Studio's October 2020 mailer called Oyster Bar.  I really wonder where they come up with these names.  Years ago when I perused wallpaper books, I wondered the same thing.  It must have been someone's full time job thinking up the names.


To my "no reply comment bloggers" . . . I would love to respond personally but cannot.  To "Unknown" . . . so sorry to hear about all the problems you have had and wish you a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery.  To Amazon 59 . . . welcome to the world of hooking 😁.  I hope you are back in normal shoes.  Have you discovered Saundra's blog?  She is a wealth of information for new (and old) hookers!

I was the lucky recipient of some "Happy Mail" from Donna over at a little of this and a little of that blog.  She randomly sends a little something to a blog reader.  It truly made my day.  Original watercolors.  Oh, she is so talented.  She also hooks, knits, and who knows what else?  Thanks, Donna 💗


Now I don't care about your political leanings, but you have to admit the Bernie meme that has gone viral is too funny.  Here are a few of my favorites. 





Thank you so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

15 comments:

Saundra said...

That wool did hook up nicely for the snowman's face. Thanks for the plug on my ?knowledge? of rug hooking, lol. Haven't heard from her, or at least not by anyone known as Amazon39.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

these are hysterical!!!!!!
xoxox
Lori

Julia said...


I like that wool. It's perfect for the snowman face.
Those photoshop of Bernie is too funny. Some people with time on their hands can create just about anything. I like the bats one.

Hugs, Julia

Sue Swank said...

Love the memes that are showing up. Too funny. I am hooking with that same wool. It's part of the background for my cabbage rose. I finished hooking it, steamed it today. Hope you are well and safe. Supposed to be 74' tomorrow. Just saying.

Jennie in GA said...

The Bernie memes are hilarious. I am amazed at all people can think of. We could certainly all use some levity. I would never have figured that wool as your snowman’s face, but it is perfect!! Lovely gift.

Prims By The Water said...

Been reading lots of Bernie meme's lately. Too funny! Your cross stitch piece is lookin good! Janice

acorn hollow said...

I thought I had seen them all but I laughed out loud at Bernie the bat lol. I have been the happy recipient of some of Donna's happy mail. she has crazy talent!!
Cathy

marly said...

High to low count linen is like going from a standard to an automatic. My nephew's kid thought standard meant base model.

Enjoyed the post. Someone is selling Bernie's meme as a sticker on Etsy.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful design, always love the look of old cross stitches.
I also love seeing the wool you used, it is nice to see how wool looks in pieces.

Debbie

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your Valentine looks amazing. Don't know how or who comes up with the names for flosses and linens--most are quite creative. Love the Bernie meme's (I'm not political either, just enjoy humor)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha....I've often thought I would love having the job of naming paint colors.... Love your new stitch....I usually do a new little tuck for Valentine's Day and for St. Patrick's Day, but haven't started anything yet...although I got as far as pulling out a little chart. I probably, thouh, should finally finish the little heart project I did a few years back but never got around to the "final" finish. And I am just dying over all the Bernie memes....I think at this point, it's the only thing that is uniting the country. My favorite is the Wizard of Oz one...of course! Hope your week is off to a great start and your healing well. ~Robin~

moosecraft said...

lol! That Bernie.... ;-)

Donna said...

I am in no way political either but how funny that Biden won the election but Bernie is getting all the publicity. My favorite is The Sound of Music poem.
Thank you so much for giving my blog a plug....and thrilled you enjoyed your Happy Mail.
Donna

Unknown said...

Anadama bread is great. It is not a dark bread at all with the molasses added in.
The legend is that a fisherman's wife in Maine was a very lazy cook. Often he would come home to nothing ready to eat. So, he took it upon himself to prepare his dinner and bread...all the while muttering, " anna...damn her!" So a legend and good bread was born out of frugality and need.
Try it...

Angela Tucker said...

LOL at Bernie. I love all the places he's gone. He is quite the traveler. Your hooking is so beautiful. Love that color for the snowman.

I have never stitched on 40 ct. I've purchased 40 ct. But seem to pass over it whenever I start a new project. I'm thinking that one of the 50x50 small ornaments will be a good choice. It means I need to commit, but not really. LOL