Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday ~

It just doesn't feel like a Saturday.  I know, being retired it is sometimes hard to know what day of the week it is, but with Christmas and New Year's Day being on a Friday, I am totally confused!

Remember Cindy Lou Who, the foster girl, a pug wannabe who I got in December of 2018?  The poor baby who came to me in diapers?  Being treated for a UTI.  TOTALLY misdiagnosed by the vet she saw.


Here she was being taken to another vet because the "UTI" was not improving with the meds she was on.  This picture just cracks me up.  She looks totally pathetic.


It was discovered she had a HUGE bladder stone, filling her entire bladder.


This poor girl must have suffered for years.


She won the pug lottery the day Ohio Pug Rescue came in to her life.  Today she is living the good life with her humans and puggle sister.  Here she is chilling out on her Christmas present.  How I love a happy ending 💖


Hooking and stitching have been extremely slow but I finally finished the cat's paw tree and even got it bound.  It measures 21" x 17 1/2". I am still not wild about it.


A few final Christmas pictures ~




A beautifully painted St. Nicholas by my mom.  One of my most treasured pieces.


USPS finally delivered all my packages, the last of them 2 weeks after they were mailed.  A Christmas card from my brother and DSO who live less than 25 miles from me took 20 days to arrive.  A card was delivered today that was mailed December 10 from Alabama.  I'm sorry, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is totally unacceptable 😠

And I'll end this post with a laugh ~


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren



12 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Thanks for the laugh! Yes a happy ending for a pup who truly deserved it. Also another great treasure from your mom. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

Oh no, my precious doggie Sophie had a bladder stone, too, but thankfully immediately suspected by her vet. They took a picture of it during surgery and sent it (they forget that pet parents get hysterical if shown such things), it was huge but unlike poor Cindy Lou Who's, it was not all jagged. That poor lil' girl! Looked like she had a barnacle in her! Thanks for the laugh about the "Congressman" dog!

Julia said...

Whoa, that's some magnificent bladder stone. The poor Sophie. I'm so glad that she is feeling so much better. The poor girl must have been in pure agony.


I had a good laugh at the freeloading doggie.

I hope the new year finds you all eager to go on... You have so much potential...
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Cindy Lou sure did hit the lottery with the family who bought her a very own sofa for Christmas. I remember when you first showed that stone and was saddened to think she had suffered for so long. You may not like the cats paw tree but look at that gorgeous background!!!!!

Farm Girl said...

Haha that is great, I never thought about that before. I am so glad Cindy Lou has such a nice family and she has such a nice life after all of the painful previous years. I am so glad you rescued her and now there is a happy ending. She looks very sure of herself and happy on her new couch.
I love looking at all of your Christmas decorations.
I hope you have a great new year too

Julia said...

I came over because I owe an apology to Cindy Lou. I was so tired yesterday that my brain got mixed up and I called her Sophie by mistake. I hope that she'll forgive me...

I love your mom's ceramic Santa. It is priceless since she painted it herself.
Take care.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Lucky Cindy Lou !!! Hope she stays healthy enjoys her special family ! Love your Tree you hooked !!! This Dog story was a riot & so true in my house !!!!

Robin Leuschen said...

Poor Baby !! Glad all will be better now ! Love your Christmas decor !!

WoolenSails said...

I hope that clears up her problems and she can enjoy being a pup again, she does look happy on her couch.
Love seeing your projects and your fun Christmas decorations.

Debbie

Jennie in GA said...

Lucky Cindy Lou!!!! The Santa your mom painted is amazing. She was talented just like her daughter is. That dog....makes you want to swap places. We have no clue what day it is down here. And most of the time it doesn’t matter. Lots of days I never take my pajamas off. That is bad.

marly said...

And become multi-millionaires on less than $200,000 a year. Then accuse others of pay for play.

Next year, please put that phone on video and walk us through Christmasland. You really should have your collections in a magazine feature. Send some photos in!

Dog has a nicer sofa than me.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gee....I wonder if that sofa is leather?? ;-) Looks like she's living the dream...and well-deserved given what she has endured. And ok, here we have I divergence of opinion... I absolutely LOVE that cat's paw tree!! That background is ahhhmazing!! I love your patriotic Santas too...I will never tire of looking at your Christmas. Marly is right....your collections should be a magazine feature. The congressman meme cracked me up, but then its truth made me sadly sigh. ~Robin~