Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Little (?) OCD~

 

Often times, when I start making something, I just don't know when to quit.  The paper hearts are a perfect example.  I was going to make a few . . . so far, I've made ten.  I thought I was done, but The Merry Needle posted more free graphics today that are just so sweet.


My hooking has been in slow motion.  It took me a couple weeks to hook this little snowman chairpad by Woolen Memories (and it still needs a steaming . . . and have no idea how I will bind it).  I don't believe it is on the website, but you can contact them through Facebook.

And finally, these little red, white and blue hearts were hooked several years ago.  At long last they have a back sewn on and are lumpy stuffed with snippets.


Please forgive the grammatical error 😒  I just copied and pasted.



The foot seems to be doing well.  I am no longer using the walker (though the doctor says I should use outside the house . . . my bad).  Doctor also says to wear the shoe for six weeks and NO DRIVING!  That is going to be a tough one to adhere to.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

I ADORE the knit looking capped snowman and if I'd hooked it (and I just might order it) I'd either make it square, rectangle or at least take advantage of the extra margin and make it easier to bind.

Your hooked hearts are nice but what the heck are you going to do with those paper hearts? Maybe hang them on your tree inside?

Prims By The Water said...

When I saw the snowman was wondering how you would bind it. Glad you are doing better and i will have to remember this joke for sure! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...well, we wouldn't be fully twins if you didn't have some OCD tendencies. ;-) Love the paper hearts.... Of course your stitches around the perimeter are perfect. I wouldn't have expected anything less. ;-) And your snowman is adorable! That cap!! Why don't you do it as a cutout?? You know....trim around the edges, then glue a backing (cut a bit bigger than the design) and stitch the two together??? I do all my small pieces like that and have done larger ones as well....a black Halloween cat, a rabbit, etc. Likely similar to how you do your stuffed pieces...or at least how I do mine LOL. Love the little hearts too. Glad to hear you're managing walker-less. ~Robin~

Julia said...

Your snowman chair pad is so cute. The pompom might be a little tricky to sit on, or maybe not... lol. What will you use those hearts for? Valentine tree decorations?

I'm glad the foot is healing and you can put the walker aside. I wouldn't rush into driving just yet but then, I'm just as stubborn as you. After all, I walked with a broken foot for 14 days before the doctor insisted on having it ex-rayed when I went in for a prescription renewal. I only missed one afternoon shift from caring for my calves.

You crack me up on the toilet paper shortage. Hahaha.

Hugs, Julia

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

LOVE all your creations!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I really love how your hearts came out. I should make more, too. Some have disappeared from the bowl on my "nature table;" it is the younger ginger stray we took in. I think they are way under the armoire and it's going to take a lot of swipes with the broom to get them out! I love that Toilet Paper Shortage humor! The hooked snowman and the lumpilicious hearts are adorable.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Good news on the healing of your foot. That snowman is adorable! Ahh the great toilet paper shortage--a hundred years from now, I'm not sure anyone will believe it.

Donna said...

Gosh these hearts are adorable..both the hooked hearts and paper hearts. Can't wait to give these printouts a try. Hum....something new.