Thursday, January 7, 2021

Lauren's Memento ~

Dear friend Melinda of Merry Wind Farm reproduces antique samplers and offers them in her etsy shop.  She has reproduced several of my small antique samplers, and Lauren's Memento is the most recent.  Here is the original.  I have it pinned to a piece of an old coverlet draped over the back of a chair . . . why it looks so wonky.

This is what Melinda has to say about the sampler.

"Merry Wind Farm is pleased to present this free chart of an antique German red marking sampler as my Christmas gift to you!  Thank you so much for your support of my humble little reproduction sampler business.  My dear friend Lauren has generously allowed me to reproduce this sampler from her collection.  Her initials are also L F so I have named this Lauren's Memento.  

The German word Erinnerung translates as remembrance, memento, or souvenir.  Perhaps L F stitched this as a souvenir from her school.  I have used Gentle Arts School House Red which is closest to the original.  I have stitched on 35 count Angel Hair linen from Weeks Dye Works with 1 strand over two threads of linen.  Choose a linen and floss from your stash and have a sampler stitched in a few days!  The stitch count is 125 x 162.
Enjoy this with my compliments."

I can't figure out how to attach the PDF to this post, but if you send me an email with sampler in the subject line (so I don't miss it!), I will be happy to send it to you.  It is also available in her etsy shop but etsy would not allow it to be free so she has to charge $1.00 😁

Sorry, I just have to post another comment about the USPS.  In yesterday's mail, I received a Kohls ad and got a 30% coupon.  Please note the dates the coupon is valid ~ and I received this on January 6 😒


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

So nice of you to give her freedom to offer that as a freebie. That being said, I am NOT a cross stitcher so won't be taking advantage. I'd like to have some time to hook And maybe now that the soup is done, once I eat dinner that just might happen.

acorn hollow said...

WE got a Christmas sale catalog from Stonewall kitchens yesterday and yes the dates were pretty much the same. they better figure this out soon. I called in a prescription and I usually have it sent just for convince and I said I would pick it up and he said I think you should we mailed something that was a few miles away and we just found it in Miami!
Cathy
ps what a lovely gift!

The Eveningstitcher said...

I'm cracking up at the Kohl's coupon..I got the same one on Monday! USPS sucks this year! Beautiful sampler!! I'll have to check it out on her etsy...I love red samplers!! Thanks for posting!!

Julia said...

What a thoughtful gift. I love that it has your initial on it which makes it even more special.
I received your Christmas card in the mail yesterday. It got here eventually. Thanks. There are always so many delays with everything I have ordered this year.

Take care,
Hugs, Julia

susan hemann said...

I just bought it in her shop! wonderful

I'm having the same trouble with the post office!!

Prims By The Water said...

What an honor to have a sampler named after you! Also a beautiful sampler!! I am tired of the mail. Nothing gets delivered on time. UGH Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok, now how cool is that?! I love it! I've always loved redwork, and this is simple enough that it wouldn't take forever. I think I will add that to my "wanna-do" list. You must, indeed, have an impressive collection. LOL on the Kohl's coupon. I'm not even gonna go there. ~et~

Olde Dame Holly said...

Lovely little sampler, and so kind of you to allow it to be shared so widely. I know, the mail, it's awful. I don't think the Christmas cards I sent will ever get delivered...

NMK said...

Beautiful sampler , but I am unable to do cross stitch anymore , just too hard for my old eyes ,even with brand new glasses !
Our mailman said it will take them 4 weeks to catch up !!!!

Farm Girl said...

That is beautiful Lauren, I love the cut work too. How nice to have your antique samplers reproduced. I just finished my huge one. I do love redwork.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Melinda does such a lovely job and I really love this one and the name she gave it!!
Yes, the mail has been quite the challenge and each time I ship a package, I pray it gets there in a reasonable time!!!
Hope things are better with the two pups!! They are both too cute to be nasty to each other!!
Take care and hope you are working on something fun, after putting all that Christmas away!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Jennie in GA said...

What a sweet sampler and how special the initials are the same as yours!! Don’t even get me started with the mail!!!!