Sunday, November 8, 2020

Week 2 Update ~

 


RLS pumpkins ~ All five are done and will soon be going to new homes, though I may keep one for myself.  (After many tries, the color is still w.r.o.n.g.)

This is my first attempt at stitching on 35 count linen, and with my newly purchased Ott light with magnifier it is working out okay.  I am such a slow stitcher.  This is all I have to show for a week's worth of stitching.  The real test will be the 40 count.


Santa and Rudolph ~


Maria Barton Santa ~ I reverse hooked the snow using my favorite flax & linen wool (from Rebecca Erb).  I just don't like white snow, I guess.  I had to add the beauty line around the bottom of his coat.  Not real happy with the color . . . I think it needs to be a bit more subtle . . . or maybe hooked a bit lower.

Stack 'O Jacks ~ I don't know why I chose this applique project.  I should have known I would hate intensely dislike all the stem stitching.  I am finally determined to finish it and I am close.  I just have to sew the backing on.  Why did I choose these colors?  They are so not me 😖


I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having and will for a couple more days.  It has been glorious.

My view this morning on my walk to Lake Erie.


My neighbor's gingko tree always put on a show.  You can almost hear the leaves falling from the tree.  One day it is full of leaves, and in a matter of 24 hours or so, they all fall.


Miss Molly enjoying this beautiful day 😉



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

NONNA said...

Thank you for always putting a smile on my face. Your Hooking, stitching is absolutely beautiful. The pictures of your surroundings are always a very special added treat. Thank you for your willingness to share.

The Eveningstitcher said...

I have tried stitching on 40 count and it's okay, but it adds a little stress to my stitching & I don't enjoy it too much. My new favorite is 32 count but I still use 28 count at times. I hope you like your new magnifying light. That little Molly is so darn cute!!

acorn hollow said...

wow do I love your stitching! You have been busy. We have had that wonderful weather too and we are taking full advantage of it.
Great view on your walk.
cathy

Julia said...

I guess you are not alone in admiring the view of the lake. Look at all the seagulls on the shore.

You are your worst critic. Your stitching is always so precise. Your stack of pumpkin might be someone perfect colors. I used to do cross stitch but haven't done any since I started to hook and now I haven't done any hooking in quite a while either.
Take care, and keep on stitching and hooking.
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

GAH!! I knew I would love the Rebeka pumpkins and I do, I DO!!! Heck, I'd keep them all LOL. I think your beauty line on Santa is fine.... remember, you are not going to be that close to it and it DOES need to be defined.... And I have to laugh at your stack of pumpkins....Perfectly perfect stitching (it always amazes me that you are a primitives lover LOL.... And I happen to love doing the stem stitching....Do you do it freestyle?? Your view on your walk is wonderful...can't believe how close you live to a real lake. Our seagulls are long gone....as are the geese, ducks, loons and swans.... Very quiet except for the waves....it's been really, really, windy. ~Robin~

Catsngrams said...

I love your stitching. I thought I would see snow in your area. You are very very busy.

Carla

Jennie in GA said...

The scenery shots are beautiful...love the ginkgo. They always put on an amazing show. Of course I live the Maria Barton rug...is that one for you?? Was wondering if the light/magnifier was working out for you. Give cute Mollie a hug😍

WoolenSails said...

This is such a beautiful time of year, all the foliage and the crisper air makes it nice to go for walks without the crowds.
Wonderful pumpkins, a nice project to make up and I do love her designs, will see what she puts up for Christmas this year.

Debbie

marly said...

What a gorgeous tree. We have one maple that doesn't give it up until it's very cold with winds that blow its leaves over the entire clean yard.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! You have such beautiful projects! I like your pile of pumpkins. That bluish color is showing up a lot in patterns and it's starting to grow on me. I picked up some 40 ct linen on my last road trip. It's been a year and still haven't worked up the courage to stitch on it yet. LOL I LOVE your walking area. I walk up and down our road...just dirt and more dirt. LOL California doesn't really do a Fall color change.

Prims By The Water said...

What a beautiful tree! Looks like you have more projects to finish... keep it up and looking good! Janice

Leonora said...

I recently got back into cross stitch and quilting after 30+ years! I discovered that I still enjoy them both. A strong light is an absolute necessity for the cross stitch, especially on linen. It's a challenge to see those threads!