Monday, November 16, 2020

Back to Reality and Week 3 Update ~

 


Yesterday it was back to reality and today I am still playing a bit of "catch up".  It's amazing in four short days how far behind one can get.  The retreat was WONDERFUL as always.  So much fun, food (the scale hated me this morning), friendship and even a bit of hooking.  Thank you again, Lynn, for putting this all together and spoiling us with gifts.  Look at this cool tote bag she made us to go with the hook pouch she gave us last time.


I do have some hooking updates for the week but that's about it.  I don't know why it took so long to finish Santa and Rudy, and without Heidi's encouragement and guidance, his face would still not be done.  Even the most simple, basic, primitive faces intimidate me.  


I also got a simple primitive tree (basically the same one as in the Santa and Rudy mat) hooked to go in my primitive box for the Christmas season.  


I must say I love the way this stool topper came out.  It will be gifted Thanksgiving Day so it can be enjoyed throughout the season.  (Looking at this on the computer screen I see I should have hooked the J a little closer to the left.  Did not notice it in person.  Oh, well.  Oh, hell!)


Here is the wool I used for the background.  I love large plaids.  They are a real workhorse wool.


A few hookers set up tables of items to sell.  Julie is the best antique dealer and always brings such fun stuff.  She brought this sweet, sweet, sweet little cupboard?  Hanging drawer?  Wall box?  Not sure what to call it but I fell in love with it.  Thankfully no one else fell in love with it before I decided to bring it home with me.  I have no idea where it will go . . . it is small . . . but my wall space is at a premium.  I know I will figure something out 😍


I always forget to take pictures, but did get this one of Caroline's B-I-G rug.  It is her pattern and can be found here.


Here are a couple pieces that were worked on.  Some of the pics were snagged from our Facebook group page.

Julie's rug


Heidi's rug


Tammy's rug . . . the colors are so much better in person

Lynn hooked this tree (among other things!) while at the retreat.  She is great at drawing up patterns.  She's not sure if she will add a background or sew in to a pillow.  Something similar may soon be on my frame.


One evening a few of us took a short walk to the Victorian House Museum.  It was so festive dressed in white lights . . . my favorite!



Today I am thankful that the sun is shining and I got to enjoy four days of hooking heaven with friends I treasure.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

18 comments:

Julia said...

What a wonderful weekend that must have been for you and the others. I'm glad you took some pictures. Your Santa is the best.
That victorian house is something else. I wish we could see the inside. I love Christmas white lights more than the colores one. They are so classic.

I hope you'll show us pictures of your new antique cupboard when you find the proper place for it.

Hugs, Julia

The Eveningstitcher said...

What a great time you must have had!! I would love to go to a hooking retreat...I'm really going to miss Sauder this February...oh well...as long as we are healthy. It's kind of depressing with holidays coming up and really not much celebrating. Michigan is again on partial lockdown, and I think it's only going to get worse. I love the little stool cover snowman and the background wool is just beautiful!! The little wall cupboard is so so sweet...Julie does have the best antiques!! Have a great week and hope you "catch up"....

Saundra said...

Yes it is amazing how just 4 days away can throw us into a loopy situation. The box you fell in love with IS quite nice and can't wait to see the spot you found for it. I love the JOY rug piece and the others are quite nice too but JOY spoke to me. Glad you had fun and glad you are home.

denise said...

What beautiful rugs. After the new year I'm going to try my had at hooking again.i did an Indian corn for a wool project and enjoyed it.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

May your new memories warm your winter. If you tire of that cupboard send it up to Canada

acorn hollow said...

I love your cupboard I would have snatched it up too. your hooking is wonderful as always. Lucky you! you got to get away for awhile with like mined hookers.
cathy

moosecraft said...

Love that hanging cupboard thingy! ;-) Looks like a fabulously dreamy 4 days! Thanks for sharing pics of projects as well as that gorgeous Victorian house! Wowzers! So good to see some happiness!!! :-)

Jacqueline said...

Welcome home to snow

NMK said...

Love all the hooked things your made !! Fun to see the other pretty rugs people were working on too ! And the Sweet wall box is a Beauty !!! The Victorian house looks so Beautiful !!! Love the white sparkling lights !!!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I have not hooked in 30 years now, time to try again! I think your Santa's face turned out perfectly prim!

Prims By The Water said...

Snowing here today. So glad you had a great time! love all of the rugs and look forward to seeing your version of the tree. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

What fun!!! I must say, I am feeling a little green...lol. Love your finishes. That little tree would be adorable on a stick and stand with a backing. Caroline’s rug is amazing. I would definitely have had to have the little cabinet. Welcome back to the real world :-(

marly said...

The Victorian Museum House is gorgeous. Beautiful!

How could you be the only one that wanted the little drawer unit? I love it!! What a terrific piece to add to your antiques.

Glad you had a nice time with your fellow hookers.

Farm Girl said...

How very nice. To get to go be with friends and hook. That house looks wonderful. I love all of these rugs.
Yours turned out so cute. I love your cupboard?? too. You have such great ideas. Have a great week.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gah! Even "goofing off" you get 10x more done than I can even dream about. (Ok...not a good analogy since one usually has to sleep to dream and well, we know I don't sleep LOL). Glad you finished up Santa and Rudy...Santas face is perfect!! And love your "Joy" and tree too. Did you bead the J and Y?? I absolutely LOVE the plaid wool you used for the background. Kind of obviates the need to mix different wools to get that wonderful "mottled" background look. And there are just no words for Caroline's rug...Oh.MY. <3 Glad you're back....you know you were missed. ~Robin~

TheCrankyCrow said...

PS...Forgot to say how beautiful that Victorian house is!!! You can almost sense the gala affairs and holidays held there. And, ummm, I would have beat you to that little cupboard LOL. They're another of my many weaknesses. And I'm short of wallspace too....so mine are all just "waiting" until I find a place for them. (That enables me to justify continuing to collect them....you don't run out of room that way LOL).

WoolenSails said...

It sounds like a wonderful retreat and nice to get out with friends again.
You have made some wonderful rugs, I still like the prim style myself.

Debbie

Lynda said...

Boggles the mind..we are in a PANDEMIC and you just went out to a retreat? Am I reading something wrong?