Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Thank a Veteran ~

 


Please take a moment today to thank a veteran for his/her service.    Many have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we may remain free.  May God bless our soldiers and may God continue to bless America.

Just a quick finish to share with you.  I am happy to finally have this small project completed . . . that took about forever.  It will be gifted on Thanksgiving Day.


Today I am most thankful for our veterans.  
Freedom isn't free.


I am also thankful that tomorrow I leave for a 4 day hooking retreat.  Dear friend Lynn has once again organized the retreat at the Hotel Millersburg.  Four days of friendship, hooking and lots of laughter.  We are known as the Twenty Dollar Hookers 😍😍😍

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

denise said...

I love the stacked pumpkins!Enjoy your retreat.🍊🦃

Jennie in GA said...

I hope you have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

I am happy for you! Enjoy every minute .

acorn hollow said...

have fun and stay safe you are so lucky you have had a couple of gatherings.
Love your finish
Cathy

Julia said...

Lauren, I'm so happy for you, that you are able to go on this 4-day hooking retreat. I know that you will have so much fun. Your little stack of pumpkins turned out so sweet.
I agree with you that we should always remember those brave soldiers who have fought to keep us free. I was driving in the next town this morning and all along the streets, they have memorial pictures banners of fallen soldiers on every post along the route. A great way to remember them and for everyone to appreciate their valor.

Have fun and don't forget to take pictures.
Hugs, Julia

moosecraft said...

Let us all pray that the freedoms those have fought and sacrificed for remain a part of this country forever...
Enjoy the company of your peeps at the retreat! :-)

Saundra said...

Am sure you will enjoy your get-away just as I did mine. Your pastel pumpkins turned out very nice and will be greatly appreciated by the recipient I'm sure. I'm home now and have a bigger lake out back than before and the rain isn't over yet.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another beautiful finish...but I expect nothing less from you! Sorry I didn't get to wish you safe travels and fun on your hook-in, but had a somewhat eventful day/evening yesterday. You and your gal pals might have to think about changing your group name to take into account changes in the cost of hooking...um...living. ;-) Have fun....somehow I know you will!!! (Did you tell us what you were going to be working on???) ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun at your retreat. I know you missed many this year. Janice

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning. Love that stack of pumpkins! A retreat? Yay!! Have a wonderful time. Safe travels.