Sunday, November 29, 2020

Last of the November Updates ~

 


I have found little time for creative endeavors, but have gotten a bit done.  With Thanksgiving and my son being home, it really cut in to my "me time".  Living alone, I should have lots of me time, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Life can get in the way.

Here is the start of my Christmas decorating.  I wish it could all be this simple and understated 😉


I did finish Santa and Rudy 1892.  I'm so happy how this turned out and I think the X binding technique is just the perfect finish.


Stitching on 40 count linen is going slowly, but I am determined to finish it because I want to gift it before Christmas.  The sampler is just 3 3/4" wide.  
She is about half done.


My tree.  What can I say?  A scrappy little piece hooked entirely with worms so far . . . and not green.  This was not on my list!  The height of the triangle is 15 1/4".  


So here are what my October and November project lists look like.


October

HOOKING

Santa & Rudypattern to linen - hook - bind - label


APPLIQUE

Rebekah Smith turkey ~ pattern to freezer paper - pieces to wool - stitch  (maybe next year)

Stack 'O Jackspattern to freezer paper - pieces to wool - stitch

CROSS STITCH

Bethia Fenshaw 1861 ~ stitch - attach to spool  

WIPs to finish

Hooked Santa ~ finish hooking - bind - label


November

HOOKING

Skinny turkey (old freebie by Robin Leuschen) ~ pattern to linen - hook - bind - label  (maybe next year)

Seasonal mat for wood box ~ design - hook - bind - label

Christmas themed mat for a stool topperdesign - hook - bind - label

APPLIQUE

Rebekah L. Smith pumpkins ~ stitch ~ 5 done and gifted

CROSS STITCH

Little patriotic Santa ~ cross stitch - finish as ornament (?)

Christmas Folk ~ cross stitch - finish

As you can see, many things did not get finished ~ or even worked on.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow.  I will not have a December list.  I put enough pressure on myself trying to get my house decorated from top to bottom.  Hopefully I will find some time to finish my WIPs 😁

Thanksgiving was extra special having my Las Vegas son home.  I had to have him at the airport at 5am (and I did not go back to bed!!!  I am beginning to fade!!!) today and thankfully his flight was on schedule and he was home by 7:30am Pacific time.  I think they are a right handsome group.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love simple trees, and have been collecting them from thrifts and prim stores so I have them all over, easier than a large tree.
It is nice to have the boys home even if it tires us out, having the kids is a blessing.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

They are a handsome group! Good to see Jake oh boy has he grown! I know I am going to pull out more Christmas tomorrow it is suppose to be bad weather. But of course I am starting a larger project on the hooking front and i can't wait to get at it.

cathy

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love that x-finish, too. You're getting a lot done, even if some is delayed until next year! That simple tree with its plain tiny white lights looks lovely.

Julia said...

You didn't as much as you had hoped but goodness, woman you still did a lot.
I love your Santa rug and agree, the X finish is perfect for it.
Wow! Jake sure has grown big and tall, a handsome trio for sure.

I love your little tree with the white lights. I better get on with starting my Christmas decorations too.

Take care, stay safe, and motivated.
Hugs, Julia

moosecraft said...

Oooooh my!!! Love that Santa 1892! The x finish will be used on my next rug! And the little Christmas tree is adorable... I think my home needs one too! :-)

Saundra said...

Truth be told I didn't even read thru your 'list', just looked at the photos. Santa and Rudy is adorable and one day will try that binding when the design wants it ~ I should have done it with Jack and his Crow. Your tree is adorable!!!! My Christmas decorations will be understated, lol.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I was actually able to comment right away today!! WHAT???? Wish it worked like this all the time!!! Your Santa and Rudy rug is adorable and I LOVE those X's!! I love using those on many of the pieces I finish, so seeing them on a rug is just wonderful!!
Your list made me exhausted just reading it! You are ONE BUSY WOMAN!!!
So happy you had all the boys home and I just can't get over how much older and taller Jake is! Such a handsome group!!
Hope you get some "me time" today, as well as some much needed rest!!
Love your sweet tree! I'll be decorating today and getting ready for my Update on Etsy tomorrow!! Busy, busy, busy!!!
Heart Hugs, my friend~
Julie xo

Prims By The Water said...

Your boys are handsome fellows for sure! You still amaze at all of things you do accomplish. I need some me time just from Tundra. LOL He sure is a ball of energy, but a spoiled baby! Hope you get some time for yourself now that the boys are gone. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wowsers!! Jake is taller than both of your sons LOL. When did he grow up so??? Yes, a very handsome lot there. Your energy makes me weary. I have gotten nothing accomplished...and, yes, there is Halloween still up (although I did get somethings put away). I love Rudy to pieces!! Yup, that finish is pure perfection. And love Bethia too... Can't wait to see how you finish that tree....as a cutout?? It's a lot larger than it looks in the photo. You're likely in bed already, eh?? Well, if so, Happy December, cuz it will be December when you wake. ~Robin~ (PS...New blogger is giving me FITS!! I always look for the last post I read in my reading list and go from there, but since the "change," I notice that posts (like this one) show up farther back in the reading list that weren't there before. What the heck??!!) ~Robin~

NMK said...

So nice to have your Boys home with you for Thanksgiving !!! Love your binding for the cute Santa matt !!! Your Cmas decoration looks very pretty ! Nice you don't have to worry about a list of To-Do's for the month !!!

Jennie in GA said...

Just love the finish on your little Santa. Definitely need to try that. My how your handsome grandson has grown!!! Taller than his uncle and dad!!!! So glad you had your boys at home.